1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Revisit the Bet] Favre vs Schaub

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Vinsanity, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

We need a thread to keep up with the numbers. $200 is on the line. I realize the numbers are close, Favre is ahead in QB rating, he leads the NFL. The season is not over, but The Cat, I'll give you one more chance to get out of the bet. Send $50 to the tip jar and I'll call the bet off. Here is some background info:

Posts taken from the pre-season Vikes vs Texans thread and from the Jets game 1 thread:

Then a few weeks later, after the Jets game:

2. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Favre is killing in this bet.

3. Vinsanity

Favre today:

32 for 48 392 yds 3 TD 0 INT 66.7% 112.5 rating

4. Landlord Landry

I really do not like fantasy football fans.

5. Vinsanity

The don't visit the fantasy football forum. What does that have to do exactly with this thread?

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

It's funny how absolutely sure Cat was that you were a complete idiot.

7. Vinsanity

Yeah, and there's more, I didn't quote everything. But with that being said, I'm not here to rub it in his face (I've been wrong plenty of times). I'm giving him a chance to get out of the bet AND support the bbs all at the same time.

8. Vinsanity

Even though the numbers are close, it looks like The Cat has conceded and accepted the $50 compromise. I was upgraded to a Contributing Member a few days ago.

9. DieHard Rocket

Well done. I wouldn't have put money on it, but I would've never guessed Favre's great season if you had asked me in August. I thought they'd ride AP and Taylor and throw 15-20 times max.

Don't know if Favre is going to end all that well since he seems to have hit a wall (or defenses have caught up with them), but his numbers will probably stay better than Schaub's.

10. Vinsanity

Well actually other than QB rating (which Favre has a comfortable lead), all the other categories we established for the bet are very very close. Maybe the Cat conceded because he said Shaub would win this and "it wouldn't even be close". Dunno for sure.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

I don't have a dog in this fight, but for what it's worth, I'd venture to bet Favre would look a lot worse on the Texans than Schaub would look on the Vikings.

12. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Are these the 7 categories: QB Rating, TD, INT, YPA, YPC, Comp %, and GS?

If so, it's a draw as of today.

Rating - Favre
    TD - Favre
    INT - Favre
    YPA - Schaub
    YPC - Schaub
    Comp % - Schaub
    GS - Draw

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Food for thought.

Favre faces the Panthers, Giants, and Bears to finish the year. Ranked 6th, 9th, and 8th against the pass, respectively.

Meanwhile, Schaub faces the Rams, Dolphins, and Patriots. Ranked 19th, 22nd, and 14th against the pass, respectively.

If I were a betting man, I'd be betting on Matt right now.

14. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i also can't believe Vinsanity was willing to go in on this bet. Favre has had one of his greatest seasons of all time at an old age in what everyone assumed would be a run-heavy offense. By all accounts, this was unexpected.

And yet Schaub is right there with him, and is more likely than not to overtake him down the stretch

15. Vinsanity

I would agree with that.

16. Vinsanity

Yep. Schaub passed Favre last week on YPA, and YPC last Sunday with the long passes to AJ. Before that, Favre was ahead in those two.

Also, thinking back at the GS category we should have clarified that one should not be punished here for missing games due to clinched playoff positions.... the main argument that allowed this category was the injury bug.

1 person likes this.
  17. The Cat

The Cat Member

:confused:

I apologize, the Texans have frustrated me a lot and I haven't been in this forum... but I haven't conceded anything and certainly haven't paid a drop to anyone. Bet's still on as far as I am concerned.

Kate81, what in the hell are you talking about? The bet is as even as bets can get.

18. The Cat

The Cat Member

I won't hold that against you if that scenario plays out - I agree that that's not the spirit of what we discussed as it pertains to injuries.

19. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Member

The funny thing is that alot of us (Texans Fans) wanted to see Rosenfels v Schaub when comparing Vikes v Texans QBs.

I mean I was a big Rosenfels fan until the Rosenkopter but still felt that he could have been the better QB over Schaub.

Think what kind of crap the Schaub would have been taking if Rosenfels was 10-2 and if Vince brings back the Titans from 0-6 to a playoff run...

Currently I think Schaub has made me change my mind. I am a big Schaub fan now b/c he has shown he can stay healthy and is a franchise QB and if he had a chance to with the 4 games that we lost in the last minute.

He still suffers from not converting in the RedZone but I think that is as much the coaches not giving him the ability to audible out of plays and poor play calls

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

umh . . .. . I kind of think you do .. . .
    You seem to be a pretty good Schaub fan

I think if Brett was on the Texans
    1. They would have a better Record
    2. Andre Johnson would have more TDs

Rocket River