1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

REVISED Greatest Single Game Moment in ROX History

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox225, Jan 25, 2007.

1. FFz

FFz Member

oh come on! sampson's shot was insane. the 13 in 35 was just good shooting. Sampson's shot was a miracle in the playoffs.

2. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

I guess it all depends on one's definition of "greatness". 13-35 is not just great shooting, it was ridiculous shooting and doing it is probably more unlikely than Sampson's shot. I still voted for Hakeem's block on starks b/c of its' importance and him coming out of no where to tip it.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is a much better poll than the last. surprised Sam only got 2 votes. that was the 1st important jumper in the NBA finals.

4. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Me too, I'm also surprised that McGrady's performance is running away with it.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think its age. seeing the clips on youtube does not reflect the atmosphere at the time.

People who saw the Tmac clip saw the entire game, and it was unbelievable that it happened. they saw the buildup.

they can't relate to the Houston can't win crap (Oilers/Astros/etc) attitude of the early 90s and wild playoff series emotion that built up to Sam's shot.

For the people who think the Rockets get no respect now (Tmac/Yao on TNT etc), that was NOTHING compared to the 90s. The announcers were ROOTING for the Knicks. John Starks called Houston "Hell". All that build up to Sam's shot.