1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reviewing Daryl Morey’s Record as Rockets GM

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Like I said in my earlier post. I don't think not drafting Gasol had anything to do with needs. Morey drafted Patterson when we already had FOUR PFs in Scola, Hayes, Hill, and Jeffries.

Morey and other GMs just didn't expect him to pan out so much and so quickly. It's a miss, a reasonable miss at that.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

With the exception of the two all-stars, this team is much better than the other? Okay.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think morey has done a good job, but the job of the gm is to build a contending roster either through trades or draft. Morey hasnt done that since he's been here. Another thing is that he hasnt produced an all star either. All stars or that caliber of player reflect roster strength to me.

All of the teams in the western playoffs have higher rated players than the rockets players. Their 2 best players are better than the rockets 2 best players. Thats the foundation of the team. Its cool to be deep, but deep with alike players isnt a good thing. He has time, but not as much time as he had before. Its all on him now, no more excuses.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Thing of it is also, its easier to find that 6'9 pf like landry,patterson,west,milsap, than it is to find a gasol,asik,or even jordan. I've been posting about putting a young 7fter on this roster for 4 yrs or so. I mean deke, was talking retirement for a long time and yao has been injured for a long time.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't think Marc Gasol was a miss.

Wasn't he out of shape, or slightly overweight when he came in the league?

Morey can't calculate whether Gasol will work on slimming up, he could only look at the present potential and draft accordingly.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Gasol represents a missed opportunity to draft a young stud Center.

Daryl Morey gets an easy "A" for drafting Landry and Brooks in that draft but getting Gasol instead of Landry would have made it an A++.