1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Revelations 9:11

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Shandon Anversen, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Shandon Anversen

we all know the events of September 11 (9.11). something interesting i came across is this verse from rev. 9:11

"And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is A-bad-don, but in the Greek tongue hath his name A-pol-ly-on.

One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter."

anyone familiar with Hebrew or Greek here?
    and does anyone else (be you christian/muslim, islamic, agnostic, atheist, or not) find this very eerie?

i do.

2. Shandon Anversen

is this the first woe? i've had this eerie feeling since tuesday that the guerilla tactics we witnessed are not over. right when we think we can resume our lives as "normal" ...

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In my bible it has this footnote:

* - Abadddon and Apollyon mean Destroyer

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If you are going to take Revelations literally, then the first "woe" is not over for 5 months. The first woe involves the tormenting of those who do not have the "seal of God" upon them. Those being tormented will wish they could die, but be unable to. Of course, the Anti-Christ will be given the name "destroyer" since its purpose is to destroy.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Its actually Revelations 9:12 that says One Woe is part and two more are yet to come . It probably is just a strange coincidence , It seems that we've been saying that a lately .

6. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

I'm curious to know if Nostradomas mentions this event in his prophecies. You would think something on this scale would be in there.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

8. Shandon Anversen

btw,

i gave a direct quote from the King James Version of the Bible. question for anyone who might know:

why are certain words italicized?

is it for significance? clarification? sic?