1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Retire 23 league wide?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by FLASH21, Sep 11, 2009.

?

Would you have MJ's # retired league wide?

1. yes

22.7%
  2. no

77.3%
  1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

There is no way this number is going to be retired by all NBA teams. I am quite confident that these teams aren't going to be lining up to "honor" NBA's deity:

New York Knicks
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Boston Celtics
    Houston Rockets
    Utah Jazz
    Indiana Pacers
    Phoenix Suns

2. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

Hells to the NO.

No man is greater than the game itself.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Jordan would be against it, even though he's got a huge ego, he's faithful to the history of the NBA.

He had David Thompson introduce him to the Hall of Fame, he doesn't want the other greats to be overshadowed.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Don't forget Cleveland and Detroit! LOL

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Yea add them to the list too.

6. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

HELL NO!!!

7. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

This is a crazy idea and I'm a huge Mike fan. Now what I think would be a good idea is for Mike to be the NBA logo I think is time for a chance Jerry West had his time.

8. Steacia55

Steacia55 Member

Logically putting the Jumpman logo as the NBA official logo cannot work, because the Jumpman logo is associated with the NIKE brand, as the NIKE Air Jordans, hence by adopting the logo as the NBA logo it would indirectly infer that the NBA is affiliated/sponsored by the NIKE organization, at least people would be confused to think this is the case.

I personally would love the league to show some form of appreciation for Michael Jordan, perhaps if he made another signature logo? Or the put number 23 next to the cuurent logo or something.

James' suggestion of retiring the #23 around the league is commendable and should be considered carefully

9. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

It could be when he took off from the free throw line that would work as the logo.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Apparently not

11. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Not until we retire 13, 32, and 34 league-wide. Those numbers were worn by better and more influential players that came before him or at the same time. But maybe Nike should retire the number 23 for jerseys that they make. He's clearly the most important player to that company.

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

hell no!
    and if they did, calvin murphy could say its because of him haha.

oh and btw, they should retire the last name jordan on the jerseys, so if a player has that last name, he has to change it, LOL :grin: