1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Response of Chinese BB Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lovethisgametoo, Jun 22, 2002.

1. lovethisgametoo

Yao will not attend the NY draft in person, and a large portion of his salary will go to Chinese BB authorities. What are the responses of Chinese fans?

I translated ALL 19 comments (I try to be objective) from a BBS of sina.com, dated from 'EST 2002-06-22 01:12:24' to 'EST 2002-06-22 09:03:01', on an article reporting that Yao is not released for 6/26 NBA draft. It is some first-handed material I think many of you may be interested. Please post your replies.

(Note: the following posting time is China time and it is 12 hours earlier than EST time)

1. rewqrewq, 2002-06-22 13:12:24:

...please make it clear, (yao) still attends the Draft, but just won't attend in person. I think it is really short-sighted that 'rotted shoes' (pronounced similar as Chinese BB Association in Chinese, and a common disrespectful name of it in Chinese BBS) loses this opportunity to show off China in NBA draft, just because of some time conflict with an Asian game.

2. ckwangfg, 2002-06-22 13:30:01:

This is the characteristics of Chinese 'rotted shoes' (CBA) regarding Yao's salary: 'rotted shoes' has the lion's share, the Club keeps a good portion, the player only gets what is left.

Take a look at the bad loss of Chinese soccer team, and the 'Pig's Association' (a disrespectful name of Chinese Soccer Association) said it is due to the lack of international game experience of Chinese players.....but why they still ban Chinese soccer players from playing overseas?? If (because CBA does not encourage its players to go to NBA) Chinese basketball never becomes a top 8 team in the world......so sad!

3. 61.150.6.*, guest, 2002-06-22 13:34:09 :

Who can tell me the Website of Chinese BB Management Center?

4. ping940940, 2002-06-22 13:38:57 :

Yao Ming can quit from Chinese national team (Lovethisgametoo: then he is not longer obligated by all this ****, including salary compensation to CBA).

5. 218.97.176.*, guest, 2002-06-22 14:03:01

Don't know how much China has spent on training Ming, but I do know Yao has contributed too much to China: without him CBA has not much to watch, without him the National Team's rank will be one level down, and he also already brought fame and money to China. Let's wait and see how it is possible for China National team to enter the quarter final in this year's World Basketball Championship Game without Yao !!

6. 218.108.138.*, guest, 2002-06-22 14:19:04

Disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, .......vomiting in tears !!!!!!!!!

7. 61.160.108.*, guest, 2002-06-22 14:23:38 :

I cannot curse CBA enough....my blood is throwing up!

8. 61.171.33.*, guest, 2002-06-22 14:34:32 :

I heard that it is because that Wang Zhizhi lost contact ( it is said that he defected), then Yao is banned from leaving China.

9. 210.22.4.*,. guest, 2002-06-22 16:49:11:

Yao, quit from the National Team now!!

10. 211.159.87.*, guest, 2002-06-22 17:49:50 :

(This one is hard to translate...i just convey it by meaning) My Chinese officials have a last name of 'c_u_n-t' and a frist name as 's_t_U_p_i_d'.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

.......I feel tired and won't finish all translations I said at the beginning, but I think those posts so far can at least give you some idea how Chinese BB fans response, right? I would like to hear how you Houston fans think of these Chinese posts.

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Its the Chinese way not our way! things are very different, we should not expect the two cultures to be the same! Just let us see how things are after his first four years.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Nice to see some Chinese fans and some Rockets fans share the same sentiments.

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Man, I LOVE translations. They are SO accurate and yet so odd-sounding. Thanks for posting that.

Maybe someone could post some of our thoughts to that Chinese BBS in Chinese.