1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Resign Wesley!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RAYRAY, Feb 15, 2005.

1. RAYRAY

RAYRAY Member

As much as i hated the news of Jim Jackson being traded along with Nachbar for David Wesley, I take away my grudges because I believe he has had the biggest impact on this team. Ever since the trade we have went 20-6, and our team is starting to have chemistry. On top of that he can play solid defense. I know in the past that the Rockets haven't had much success from the players that they signed to long term contracts, such as Matt Maloney, Mo Taylor, etc... But I believe for the Rockets to maintain this chemistry for this year and years to come, they MUST SIGN WESLEY!

2. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Wesley still has another season left on his contract.

3. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Resign Jon Barry and Mutombo first!

They are free agents after this season :(

4. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

I hope Deke can stay here for less money. It's not like he's short on money, I hope he can see there is something speical about this team.

5. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Deke is gonna stay...

Deke Rocks!

6. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

The finger wave salute rules :D

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WOW...you need to fix your Thread title. It says that Wesley should resign...meaning retire.

I was look who the heck would say that now?!!!!!!

8. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

If they can keep this pace going into the playoffs at thier age, I hope to god CD gives them contracts this summer...

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually I worry how long he can keep it up, he is 35 years old, and relies on his quickness.

In fact a lot of the players that surround Yao and Tmac will only be here for a couple of seasons.

That is our one weakness, we do not have any new blood on the bench.....unless you count Barret and Gaines.

DD

10. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Tricky English word indeed.

Resign and Re-sign means completely different things. Yeah the thread title needs to be corrected of completely changed. :)

11. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Yeah that was something that i was wondering when i clicked on it..i was like hating on a Rocket while we are winning? what's up with that lol..

12. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Yeah in 2 (maybe 3) seasons we should have a new starting PG, PF, and SG. Hopefully they are not in thier 30s so they can grow together with Yao and T-mac.

13. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

I will be sad if Barry, Wesley, or Deke isn't on this team next year...

But landing Stromile Swift will make up for it :D

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Which we don't! ;)

As for Wesley, his perimeter defense has been instrumental in this team's success. The speed that we can put out there with Wesley at the 2 and Tmac at the 3 is important. Notice that Wesley guarded the fastest guard tonight in Arenas. Before Wesley Sura would have guarded him and if not Sura than Tmac because JJ just wasnt quick enough. He was more strong than quick. The NBA is all about quickness these days and JVG/CD recognized that and made some personnel changes to reflect that change. Getting Stromile Swift would also help with quickness at the PF position.

15. birdman

birdman Contributing Member

god, i love this guy,resign him with no hesitation!!!

btw,has anyone noticed that he looks like SHREK, the green dude?

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

It's RE-SIGN, not resign. You don't want the guy to quit do you?