1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Request for ClutchFans Community Service

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roc Paint, Jul 11, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Done!

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I've gotcha shastarocket! Thanks for signing up and joining the Clutch Community.

For anyone else who would like to sign up, just go to the Clutch Community social site and shoot me your e-mail and user name so I can add you to our upcoming event.

Let's all "Get Connected" on August 23rd!

Kind Regards,
    Roc Paint

3. Roc Paint

btw, t-shirts will be coming soon. My wife is working on the font as I type. Does anyone happen to know the font the "ClutchFans" logo is written in? We aren't going to duplicate it, of course...but still looking for something similar. So far, the closest are LHF Convecta Base and Agency FB. Just wondering...

4. Roc Paint

Clutch Community Members,
    Please disregard the request for font suggestions. We found what we were looking for and are currently in the 'ready' for beginning the creation of our t-shirts.

However, we still need everyone's support. Please sign up and become a part of Clutch Community, Chapter 2.

Thanks,
    Roc Paint

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I can probably make the next event! ( as long as I don't make a last second trip)

Got a look at the shirts and they look pretty sweet!

6. RocRouge

RocRouge Contributing Member

Here is a preliminary template of the t-shirts my husband Roc Paint and I created to provide for all the volunteers the who show up to support our Clutch Community charity events (your personal handle will be screen-printed in the back, obviously). Your feedback - and even criticism - is appreciated. These should be sent into production early next week, and will be FOC for all volunteers.

[​IMG]

7. Roc Paint

For anyone who wishes to sign up for the event on August 23rd, please send me a personal email with your name (however, your handle will suffice) and email address so you can receive direct updates from the Catholic's Charity Food Fair. A cell phone number is also helpful for text alerts, but is not necessary. This particular foundation does not support a group registration page, unfortunately, therefore it has to be initiated by the leader. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you prefer not to send me your details but still wish to participate, please email me and we can see if Sister Paulina can have you added to our group via telephone.

8. RocRouge

Hey gang, we just ordered our official Clutch Community t-shirts. In doing so, we realize we still owe t-shirts to our first participating members...finalsbound and Mr. Clutch! We can meet you at a convenient (Houston-area) location in order to honor you for your participation in the HFB event - or better yet, we welcome you to join us at our next event on 23-August where you can also receive your t-shirt. Whichever works best for you, though. Thanks again! :grin:

1 person likes this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wish I could, but would first need to move back home to Houston.

10. Hmm

Hmm Member

11. Roc Paint

I know you've already done your share of service for ClutchFans.

Next time you come to town...let me know and I'll meet up with you if you want a shirt. Just give me some advance warning so I can get your handle on the back.

12. RocRouge

Okay, so you're a Stonecutter...are you joining us on our next event or not?!

P.S. Please keep the drinking to a bare minimum (however bread and red wine may be acceptable? This is a Catholic Charity event, afterall)!

13. Roc Paint

RocRouge, I thought we were starting a Clutch "Community" service, not a Clutch "Communion" service...HA! But hey, whatever brings the masses (pun intended). ;)

1 person likes this.
  14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I am not in Houston, but since Catholic Charities is one of the most responsive, worthwhile and efficient charities out there, I will donate $100 to Catholic Charities in recognition of your efforts. Is the address for the Guadalupe Center where y'all will be volunteering a good place to send it or should I just send it directly to Catholic Charities in Houston?

5 people like this.
  15. Roc Paint

Wow bobrek, thank you so much! I will contact Sister Paulina to find out the best address to send your donation to, or perhaps you can call her directly and list it under the Clutch Community name? I will be in touch soon with a response.

Can we please get your shirt size (via PM or direct email to me, of course)? We'd love to send you one the the t-shirts we had made for our volunteers for your kind generosity. A work address or PO Box will be fine.

Our "thank you's" are loud and multiplied!

16. Roc Paint

bobrek, a few donation options for the Catholic Charity are listed below for you:

Call / Email our direct contact, Sister Pauline at:
    Sr. Pauline Troncale CCVI
    Program Assistant, Volunteer Services
    ptroncale@catholiccharities.org
    O: 713-874-6676 F: 713-874-6791
    www.CatholicCharities.org

Or

Donate online by going to: https://www.catholiccharities.org/donateonline (please mention "Clutch Community" as your recognition team name)

Or

Donate by phone by calling the Catholic Charities Development Department at 713-874-6624 (please mention "Clutch Community" as your recognition team name)

Or

If you prefer to donate by mail, checks can be sent payable to Catholic Charities, to 2900 Louisiana Street, Houston, Texas 77006 (list "Clutch Community" in the memo line of your check)

If you have any questions about donating, please contact Sarah Radwan of Catholic Charities at 713-874-6681

We want to thank you for your support, and we appreciate that you are still willing to volunteer, though you are living out of town. I wish there were more people like you!

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That is pretty awesome bobrek! Thanks for your support!

I think we're gonna do a lot of good. :)

18. Roc Paint

boebek, you are one very special person. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you have done for the Clutch Community.

Kind Regards,
    -Roc Paint

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Thanks for the kind words, but it's easy to write a check. It's more impressive to organize and do the actual work. :)

20. Roc Paint

It really isn't that much work at all. I get to actually meet some people I've seen and talked to on my computer screen for years, while helping out some folks in need. It's very self gratifying for me.
    I'm really excited to see what the Clutch Community is going to look like in a couple of years.