1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham smacks down Glenn Beck, birthers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dave_78, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

2. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Good for him! I hope he continues to call out the fringe elements infecting the GOP.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Republican party has a glimmer of hope. I hope more will come out and distance themselves from these radicals and help the country remain centered.

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Graham is an oily hypocrite. He was vicious, yet ridicuilous , when he was one of the chief prosecutors for the attempted GOP coup when they tried to impeach Clinton. At times I think he has presidential pretensions and wishes to appeal outside his benighted state of South Carolina. Perhaps some polling is showing a price so he has to distance himself from some of his allies on Fox News.

5. insane man

insane man Member

im glad graham thinks obama is not a muslim but instead a good man.

6. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Beck has had his fair share of people criticizing him, mainly Dems. But has anyone noticed that many more Republicans are distancing themselves with him since he proclaimed that McCain would have been a worse President the Obama?

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

but his comments here are absolutely correct.

8. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

That was actually a great rant.

I also liked this bit:

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm sure his motivation isn't of the truest form but I'll take what I can get.

10. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

It looks like he's just butthurt that Beck doesn't support republicans on everything.

If you criticize both parties you're a cynic.
    If you're a blind partisan you're either a patriot or a zealot.
    If you support parts of both parties you're a hypocrite.

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

he often sounds like another neo-con tool, but every once in a while he does show the courage to go against them and speak the truth.

i give him the most credit for actually talking about what went on at abu-ghraib while the rest of his party was in denial or trying to cover it up. (he was a former JAG lawyer, if im not mistaken)

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., told reporters, "The American public needs to understand we're talking about rape and murder here. we're not just talking about giving people a humiliating experience." He did not elaborate.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/05/08/iraq/main616338.shtml

12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

That is true.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

...only to the extent they're not conservative enough for him. on the flip side, i don't know that he's ever supported ANYTHING democrats do since he got his show.