1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Republican Nuttery

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Nov 30, 2010.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry I missed this earlier. I didn't see that tour but I don't think that trailer was from that show last year as it shows John Entwistle who died in 2002.

Anyway with all due respect to the old guys out there, and I'm rapidly becoming one, I don't find watching 70 year old guys singing "Hope I die Before I get Old!" entertaining except for pure irony.

I will remember The Who like this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/htz9CS-Zmms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And I'm a guy who never even saw Keith Moon play.

2. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Also I am annoyed that for Millenials they probably only know The WHo as the band whose music is played for crappy CBS procedurials.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Tom Cotton is concerned that Iran already controls Tehran.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mX8y-91tfCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's worried about the Iranian government's increasing control of Tehran...their capital.

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Numerical age is one thing, you can't stop time from passing. But you don't have to get old. You try to stay mobile, you try to enjoy things, you embrace watching things change. And if you are playing a two hour rock show 4 times a week for 12 weeks, you aren't old.

(yep, I had my 62nd last week)

I hope I do die before I get crippled and bitter/

mobile mobile mobile
    just a hippie gypsy

5. Dubious

Gov. Sam Brownback: Forcing women to have babies is part of ‘pro-economic growth agenda’ in Kansas
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/...part-of-pro-economic-growth-agenda-in-kansas/

They really support each other,” Brownback agreed. “Frankly, one of the big problems we have in the country is we’re not forming enough families. And that is hurting our economic work and hurting our economic projection because the best place for that child is within a strong family. And if you’re not forming a family unit, you are also slowing your economic performance.”

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So stupid it hurts. I wonder if this will give pause to resident Brownback supporters.

7. bongman

bongman Member

8. Dubious

9. Dubious

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

11. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

14. Dubious

15. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

16. Dubious

Indiana House OKs controversial religious freedom bill
    http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ontroversial-religious-freedom-bill/70336706/

Controversial religious freedom legislation that could protect business owners who don't want to provide services for same-sex couples is poised to become law in Indiana.

The Republican-controlled Indiana House approved the measure this afternoon on a 63-31 vote, largely along party lines. Five Republicans joined 26 Democrats in opposing the bill.....

VOTING YES

Republicans: Arnold, Aylsworth, Bacon, Baird, Behning, Borders, Bosma, Braun, Tim Brown, Burton, Carbaugh, Cherry, Cook, Cox, Culver, Davisson, Dermody, DeVon, Fine, Friend, Frizzell, Frye, Gutwein, Hamm, Harman, Heaton, Judy, Karickhoff, Koch, Lehe, Leonard, Lucas, Mahan, Mayfield, McMillin, McNamara, Miller, Morrison, Morris, Negele, Nisly, Ober, Olthoff, Price, Rhoads, Richardson, Schaibley, Slager, Smaltz, Milo Smith, Soliday, Speedy, Steuerwald, Sullivan, Thompson, Torr, Truitt, Ubelhor, VanNatter, Washburne, Wesco, Zent, Ziemke

Democrats: None.

VOTING NO

Republicans: Beumer, Clere, Eberhart, Kirchhofer, Saunders.

Democrats: Austin, Bartlett, Bauer, Charlie Brown, DeLaney, Errington, Forestal, GiaQuinta, Goodin, Hale, Kersey, Klinker, Lawson, Macer, Moed, Moseley, Niezgodski, Pelath, Pierce, Pryor, Riecken, Shackleford, Vernon Smith, Stemler, Summers, Wright.

EXCUSED

Dvorak, Harris, Huston, Lehman, Porter, Wolkins

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

History will not look kindly on this bigoted era.

18. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Here ... take some more "religious freedom"

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/gop-lawmaker-air-force-cadets-must-pledge-to-god-because-there-is-no-freedom-from-religion/

I hope this isn't a real bill.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I hope that isn't real either. The logic behind it is torturous. Let me get this straight while the Air Force dropped the mandatory last portion of the pledge I didn't see anything there forbidding a cadet to recite it. We're going to protect people's freedom of belief by forcing people to pledge to something they might not believe in?

If this bill were to pass I don't see how it could or should survive a court challenge.