1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Republican Nuttery

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Nov 30, 2010.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

No real point except to bring attention to the absurdity of the current GOP leadership...

Exhibit A:

Wow. Delusional.

Exhibit B:

Regarding a Virginia proposal that would let states overturn Federal law...

Exhibit C:

The Senate last week finally approved the multi-billion-dollar funding for the Pigford II and Cobell settlements, which will allow the government to pay out claims to African-American farmers and American Indians who were discriminated against in recent decades by government agencies.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsme...rmers_settlement_is_slavery_rep.php?ref=fpblg

2. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member

unless there are two, joe barton is from north texas.
    http://www.joebarton.com/Bio.aspx

nuttery aside, it's amazing to me the level of hypocrisy that comes from, not only the leaders, but the rank and file of the republican party.

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Exhibit D: Anderson Cooper massively b****slaps birther Rep. Leo Berman (R) today.

A thing to behold

<object width="416" height="374" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=politics/2010/11/30/ac.berman.birther.debate.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=politics/2010/11/30/ac.berman.birther.debate.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="374"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  4. rimrocker

Correct, the article got his state wrong.

Good catch.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Gooo Texas.

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

So we're turning back the clock. What's next?

[​IMG]

Yep, I went there...

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That was epic, wow. He needs to invite these goofy Republicans and Teabaggers on one by one and give them the facts on all the lies they tell.

8. rimrocker

Uh, you need to go back further...

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Jim Crow belongs in the Democrat Nuttery thread. KTHXBAI

1 person likes this.
  10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You mean Southern White Conservative thread, jackass. The ones who nearly split the Democratic party anytime Henry Wallace, Eleanor Roosevelt or Harry Truman talked about integration, and the ones like Jesse Helms and Strom Thurmond who hightailed it once their 100 hour filibusters didn't work.

Don't forget chickensh i t, head-in-the-sand Republicans like Eisenhower and Goldwater, who could have probably gotten Civil Rights and every other social advancement of the '60 and '70s passed by the mid-50s. Bigots and assholes, every god damn one of them.

11. Steve_Francis_rules

I don't know why these people are even given face time on TV. They clearly do not have a firm grasp of reality. They do not respond to reason and facts.

12. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Exhibit E:

Senate GOP Vows To Block All Except Tax Cut, Debt Bills

Cognitive dissonance anyone?

13. mc mark

So tax cuts for the rich are more important than extending unemployment benefits to the middle class, holding the start treaty hostage or repealing DADT.

I think we see what republican priorities are.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The Republicans aren't going to vote for extending unemployment benefits regardless. They have already said America can't afford it.

I agree with the Republicans that the tax situation is the most important thing, but they are going to be an iron wall about everything. When they win the battle for extended tax cuts (I believe they will), they won't start working across the aisle.

Extend the tax cuts, but increase the tax brackets at every million dollars, maxing out at 50%.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm having a tough time following your logic. America can't afford unemployment benefits. They believe this even though we know that Unemployment benefits have much more direct effect in stimulating the economy than tax cuts do.

If America can't afford more unemployment benefits how can it afford it tax cuts for the wealthy? If we are talking about the issue that has more direct effect on helping the economy then Unemployment comes first.

Is there a reason why they can't just pass the tax cuts for the middle class, and extend unemployment benefits which will help mostly the middle class, rather than deny both of those things until the wealthy also get a tax cut?

It just doesn't make sense.

17. mc mark

Especially when you consider that unemployment insurance benefits which create jobs will cost about $34 billion while tax cuts for the wealthiest of Americans will add $700 billion to the deficit without having a way to pay for them and don't create jobs.

Nuttery!

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It isn't my logic, unless you mean that my opinion that the tax situation is the most important thing in Congress right now. It is December 1st and we don't know what is going to happen with taxes next year. They've delayed this way too long.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but the worst that happens is that Bush's tax cuts expire and it goes back to the old rates. That doesn't seem like the most urgent issue facing congress.

I meant mostly the Republican's logic, but I mistook your post to mean that you agreed with their logic. Sorry for the confusion.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

"When a party is more interested in outing the current administration and less interested what they actually believe there is something wrong. All I hear from Republicans is how they want to defeat Obama and his policies. There is no talk of what they actually would do if they did, rather, they oppose to wave just to oppose it."

My very Republican biochemistry professor told me this and I laughed my butt off. It's sad and true. The party as a whole seems to think that magically if the president (and subsequently all of the senate and congress) has an R next to his name all will be well. It's not about principles, ideas, or solutions, it's about being in charge for the sake of being in charge. You know what? Let's give them the country and see them struggle just as much to fix things...