1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Republican National Convention Thread (September 1-4, 2008)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by weslinder, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

What gamble? :confused:

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Since I'm sure alot of you didn't see it because it was around the 8PM mark, it was just a montage of extreme islamic militants chanting with their guns in the air. It started with a montage of the iranian hostages and moved through very graphic images of different attacks (ie us cole) and alot of the pictures of the damage and people running around in the wake of the 9-11 attacks. it was a pure scare tactic and even though i'm not a big olbermann fan he was the only journalist who called them out for its graphic nature.

3. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Some would say mentioning Bush is a scare tactic Obama is using.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

some would say this is a stupid analogy

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I caught some of the protests last night near the State Capital and the police were using snow plows.

Before people get all excited, either way, they weren't plowing protestors but were blocking off bridges over I-94 from the Capital to the Excel with them. The police ended up herding the protestors around Capital using concussion grenades, smoke grenades and tear gas until they cornered a couple hundred on a bridge and arrested them. I wasn't marching but was watching from a sidewalk and for my trouble I got a concussion grenade thrown at my feet. Didn't really hurt but my ears are still ringing.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

/raises hand

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

There's a difference. When referring to more Bush, 4 more years, McSame, or whatever is similar, people can actually research McCain's record, proposals, proposed policies, etc. to see if they match or are in the same line as Bush and then make a decision based on those findings.

How can they do the same for terrorist attacks? That's the scary thing, they can't. They don't know when or if another one is coming. There's no way they can get any kind of good idea, unless of course they want to use the Skittles chart. Republicans use that to say they can protect you from them and keep them from happening in a slick kind of way. The truth is nobody can. If terrorist or anybody wants to prove their point or make their mark or whatever, they'll do it regardless.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw that guy's speech at the Rally for the Republic. Pretty incredible speech. Basically a call to arms.

Hey Wes, it was good seeing you yesterday and glad you liked your visit to the Twin Cities.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is no way to be perfectly safe in a free society, it is just not possible.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

DD

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Somebody's getting fired...

[​IMG]

John McCain Proud to Stand Before Random California Middle School For Some Reason
    POSTED BY: Dennis DiClaudio

Hey, remember that green screen John McCain was standing in front of in his memorial speech of John McCain last night?

Okay, once we all stopped laughing at the lime green background he's so fond of, we realized that it was just a very-well-planned-out close-up image of grass in front of what we could only assume to be one of his 22 unknown homes.

Well, that's not what it was. It was an image of Walter Reed Middle School in North Hollywood, California.

[​IMG]

Why would he be standing in front of a picture of Walter Reed Middle School? It's possible that that's one of the twenty different schools he attended while following his father around from military base to military base, but that seems unlikely.

So, why choose that school?

Well, because Walter Reed Middle School sounds an awful lot like Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

And somebody's not very well-versed with the Googles.
    http://blog.indecision2008.com/2008...dom-california-middle-school-for-some-reason/

[​IMG]

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

oh my god, that is too funny

12. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Maybe the one 8 years ago that changed the focus from international terrorism to missile defense for a few months.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i saw that and i was like, "what the hell is that"

14. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

It's not my first and certainly won't be my last. My track record speaks for itself.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Here's the 9/11 "tribute":

<iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/26551523#26551523" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

And here's Olbermann's take on it:

<iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/26551721#26551721" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the nerve of these guys to flash bin laden across the screen, you had seven years

17. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

If only Clinton had gotten him when he had the chance. If only...

18. Major

Major Member

The sad thing is that Clinton got much closer to getting OBL, despite spending a fraction of the resources and time.

19. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

20. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

I'm more impressed with Olbermann's work every day. He's gone from Edward R. Murrow to Howard Beale to now, Tom Grunick.