1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Republican Michael Grimm threatens to throw reporter off balcony

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by chrispbrown, Jan 29, 2014.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I called him a poor public servant and I said he could have done better in my last two posts. And you want to question MY accuracy?!!

I defended the hyperbole; he did not threaten to "kill" anyone. It was essentially trash talk amongst men not in the NBA or NFL.

2. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

You called the reporter "scum," bro. That is what I am responding to.

It's the reporter's job to ask questions...

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You're on to something giddy -- the reporter could have been very flexible and 'bending him in half' would have just stretched his back. Also, do we really know how high that balcony was and was there some sort of stuntman airbag in place where the reporter would have landed?

I'm starting to believe this 'reporter' was just out to further his career by asking unexpected questions of a Congressman who could legitimately be considered an American hero.

I strongly believe this is yet another case of the 'liberal media' lashing out at our best and brightest conservatives.

1 person likes this.
  4. giddyup

Well you are probably "wrong" there buddy. How about two fairly incompetent "professionals" meet up. Is there any doubt that the reporter was going for anything other than a sensational sound bite-- at Grimm's expense and contrary to the agreement they apparently had?

Remember, Grimm was doing this station a FAVOR and look how he got repaid-- a disingenuous reporter looking for a cheap story at Grimm's expense and his own future credibility.

EDITED TO CORRECT MIS-IDENTIFICATION

#44 giddyup, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This is true Scott'O was doing the station a favor -- the reporter really SHOULD have been killed for asking a question outside the strictly agreed upon questions negotiated in the contract put together prior to the State of the Union Address between the two parties.

Scott'O's half-brother Steve'O had similar problems during promotions leading up to the release of Jackass 3.

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

You all act like none of us wanted to throw a reporter off a balcony. He shouldn't have actually threatened to do it, and was in the wrong. I do, however, understand the sentiment.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Scotto is the reporter

8. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

LIke I said fake outrage....Here is holders best friends trying intimidate voters...

If you want more examples of DemoRATS gone crazy let me know

[​IMG]

9. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

10. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

moving the goal posts..classic liberal tactic so since he is state legislator is ok....

thats what I am getting from this thread...

OH sorry they aren't running with it...They are too busy tweeting about cheerios commercial and how the GOP is pissed because it shows an interracial marriage

SNICKERSNICKERSNICKERSNICKERSNICKERSNICKERSNICKERSNICKERSNICKERSNICKERSNICKERSNICKERSNICKER

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have a hard time with facts. Those gentlemen weren't Obama supporters.

13. giddyup

Grimm was doing the station a favor; it's called "biting the hand that feeds you..."

14. giddyup

Sorry for my mistake. I've fixed the post.

15. giddyup

Who were they then?

16. bucket

bucket Member

Who cares about the reporter? A US Congressman threatened to kill a man at the Capitol. That's disgraceful and he should be forced to resign.

17. Baba Booey

I know this is a foreign concept to you, but politicians don't get to dictate the terms of journalism. If you are involved in a bunch of shenanigins, expect to be asked about them when speaking to JOURNALISTS. If Grimm wanted a fluff interview, he should have called Jay Leno.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's been posted time and time again. If you didn't read it one of the other dozen times it's been posted on this bbs, then I'm not going to dig it up again, now.

19. Baba Booey

Two more major problems with your logic:

1. You take the excuse of the bully as 100% fact.

2. By your logic, Obama should be able to control the questions he is asked by reporters. I am sure you already accuse him of doing that, though...

20. giddyup

So they were McCain supporters from the New Black Panther Party... now I remember! Yeah, I doubt they would have any interest in helping to elect the FIRST Black President....:rolleyes: