1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Republican Fraudsters, Shameful

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Feb 6, 2014.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But we do know they weren't Obama supporters. Keep on believing debunked garbage.

2. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Do you not see anything wrong with these websites?

I am not referring the legality of the websites.

3. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

It's more talking about how sad the tactics for GOP have become.

Since GOP policy has alienated the public opinion they have to try different methods to unite their former base. The GOP is in a transition and the rift is huge. GOP needs to get its act together, maybe that approval rating will go over 20 again.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not unless the religious view is to actively hurt and deny equal rights to people that you believe are morally wrong. In Christianity Christ himself spent his time with prostitutes, and sinners as often as anyone. He didn't discriminate.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I think we have at least one in this thread that fits that descripXIon.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You know there is a difference between unethical and illegal, right?

And you know the Black Panther pics were just staged propaganda right. I think it was one guy at one polling place for some amount of time, and, he might have been paid to do it. It certainly was not effective, widespread or officially mandated like laws that exclude "classes" of people.

(of course you don't)

7. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

[​IMG]

That's what I see.

But I did see this:

XIrocket has not made any friends yet

9. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Haha, too bad that isn't true. Mostly because there are perfectly legal ways to get that phone number/address.

All data on registered voters is publicly available. In fact you can go down to your county clerk in Texas and buy a set of CDs with every registered voter, with their home data and their voting history (which elections they've voted in and in what party primaries they voted in)

Oh and county clerks are legally obligated to respond to any and all requests for this type of data. Hell in some states the state government centralizes all of that data in a voter file and you can just buy all of the state's data in one shot. Texas is county by county though so its a bit more cumbersome.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LULZ at XIrocket still working hard to be ignored.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

12. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Breaking news: Republican Fraudster Breitbart still dead, website not far behind?

13. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

That's simply not true. In Texas it is illegal to make copies of voter registration information. And no, the general public does not have access to all voter registration information. You cannot call your county clerk and get all the voter information. What you can get is name, address, and party affiliation. All other information you can not get. That is why copying the forms are illegal, because you now have access to more sensitive information.

Don't believe me? Call the Secretary of State Election Division. Surprisingly, they don't list a phone number for Elections, only for Election complaints. I'm sure if you call the general line, they will direct you to the right person. Or, you could call your Representative/Senator, a policy analyst would be able to answer that on the fly.

14. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I might be wrong on phone numbers. It varies by state. I did use voter files in Texas but I wasnt the one buying them so I can't remember if they did or did not give phone numbers. When I worked in other states, you could definitely get phone numbers.

In Texas I know for sure you can get name, address and voting history. There is no "party affiliation" as Texas does not have party registration. They do release primary voting history so you can use that to determine party affiliation. Hell I remember doing early voting tabulations in Texas and having county clerks emailing me the state voter IDs of all voters who had voted on that day. So while I might be wrong on phone number, everything else is easily available. In fact I remember going to the Travis County office and buying 10 years worth of voter file data from the government for 50 bucks.

Lastly election management is decentralized in Texas which is why they dont have an elections number. In other states you have an office in the secretary of state that does all of this. In Texas, counties handle this. I remember some of the rural counties were so behind the times in tech that they'd fax hand written voter ID rolls during early voting.

15. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

If your point is our system is outdated and chaotic, that may be true -- in some areas. However, the point is that making copies is illegal. They were making copies, and while they may have been able to access SOME of the information, they would not have been able to gather phone numbers. They then used these numbers to call people, which is illegal in Texas. Therefore, this story isn't a lie, like some had said. That is if they are in fact making copies.

And I do believe you take some sort of oath, or sign papers of confidentiality if you are a voter registrar or clerk. Correct? I am fairly confident that is the policy now. So you communicating with your Clerk would be an acceptable transfer of information. If you weren't a registrar, I'm pretty sure that they are not legally allowed to share that information...