1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reporter Killed Live on Air

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by youknowme, Aug 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Me neither.

America is as broken as she'll ever be.

1 person likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's not violent. The audio is worse than the video. These poor folk never saw it coming.

3. VanityHalfBlack

Disgruntled employee. So the problem lies within inside the workplace. R.I.P to the fallen reporter and photographer.

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. 20 five-year-olds were murdered and we did nothing. People are too dug into their respective sides and our methods of consuming information now are nothing but self-fulfilling. Right and wrong are relative positions.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I consider murdering 2 and shooting another a "shooting spree". Guns are nothing but a tool....and unless you want to re-write the constitution, a tool that you can't ban. Given that, it's probably more productive to look into why people kill others more so than focusing on what tool they used.

This is especially true in this case, by the looks of it, the shooter had a handgun...not an assault rifle. If we find out he got it legally, then what? See why focusing on that side of things is a non-starter?

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I hear and see story all over the worlds. Human are human. They can use anything to kill. Guns are just a tool for them. No one is going to argue that it's not deadly and effective. Using gun as protection is itself an illusion of security. In this case, the reporters and journalist being armed wouldn't help a bit.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

No one is going to give up something willingly unless it personally effects them.

America has created a culture of greed and selfishness. It's all about the individual and not the community. Imagine if we asked people to pay taxes to fund our communities instead of forcing them too?

1 person likes this.
  8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

This makes me incredibly sad and disgusted. Prayers for their loved ones.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

But if they had armed guards protecting them, it would have.

10. VanityHalfBlack

It's the individual themselves, that is the problem. We must fight fire with fire.

11. Major

Major Member

How complex is it? There are mentally unhealthy people all around the world. There have been for a long time. The "we can't stop guns" thing is nonsense. Australia had a similar gun culture to the US. They had a mass shooting in the '90s. They immediately banned semi-automatic weapons. And then homicides by firearm declined dramatically and there are far fewer guns out there in Australia now.

Maybe it wouldn't work here, but the idea that it's impossible is absurd. But we're not even at the stage of talking about banning anything here. Half the country can't even agree to universal background checks without loopholes.

Just whining about mental health is not a solution. If you don't want to try the other proposed solutions, then you have to propose an alternative.

1 person likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

It's obvious. I mean that's how they do it in El Salvador.

Heading over there in a couple of weeks too, should feel right at home.

1 person likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Talking about giving up liberty for an illusion of security.

14. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I'd think the shooter in this case, if they had known crews typically carry to protect themselves, wouldn't have risked getting shot himself. A person who shoots unarmed people is at the core of things a coward. A coward wouldn't even attempt this if they know the other people are packing too. Now if they are crazy, then any intelligent thoughts around the subject go out the window :/

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

Oh hey bro can you bring me some totopostes?? Like foreal..... I know your maletas can be filled with cheese, I'm telling security at airport you lying bout bringing dairy if you don't come through.....

1 person likes this.
  16. VanityHalfBlack

I have no problem putting a bullet right in-between the eyes of a mentally ill person endangering the lives of others. But.... I'm lazy and don't own a gun and don't really care for one. I'll just vent the frustration on the Internet like everyone else.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The NRA and many on the right treat any gun restrictions as non-starter. It has nothing to do with the constitution. A universal background check is constitutional, but is a non-starter. An electronic safety feature on gun is constitutional, but is a non-starter. On and on. One side refuses to do anything concerning gun and thus, everything is a non-starter.

That side need to die out so we can have a real conversation and some effective approach that allow legal and safe gun owner want they want, but do the best possible to restrict it to just those owners.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Those of you avoiding the video should go ahead and watch it. There is no carnage but you will feel the terror of the reporter like a lightening bolt. And then there is the eerie shot of the gunman at the end.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Doesn't guarantee you that the shooter gets the guards first or kills at least one of them.

Here in Europe we barely have any shootings because of our strict laws, while so many US people are stubborn or have this "well it wouldn't have happened if they were also armed, arming EVERYONE solves the problem" approach. It's ridiculous. Arming everyone just leads to an increased number of shootings, as the incidents escalate way quicker when people have a gun in their hand.

20. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

oh noes! it's the mental illzness! :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.