1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reporter Killed Live on Air

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by youknowme, Aug 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Really horrifying to know that this kind of thing could happen anywhere, anytime, and to anyone.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That's disturbing.

Her face tell the story.

There are kids watching and staying calm I think help those viewers.

4. magman

magman Member

This is disturbing, enough is enough. This nation has to do something about the gun violence, and more guns is not the answer.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

You can say that again.

What.the.****.

Senselessly killed, 8 shots live on TV. Why? Doesn't make sense but none of these shootings do.

Sad. Crazy.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We didn't share this publicly, but <a href="https://twitter.com/AParkerWDBJ7">@AParkerWDBJ7</a> and I were very much in love. We just moved in together. I am numb. <a href="http://t.co/tUrHVwAXcN">pic.twitter.com/tUrHVwAXcN</a></p>&mdash; Chris Hurst (@chrishurstwdbj) <a href="https://twitter.com/chrishurstwdbj/status/636531364356063232">August 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We were together almost nine months. It was the best nine months of our lives. We wanted to get married.We just celebrated her 24th birthday</p>&mdash; Chris Hurst (@chrishurstwdbj) <a href="https://twitter.com/chrishurstwdbj/status/636531632137203712">August 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">She was the most radiant woman I ever met. And for some reason she loved me back. She loved her family, her parents and her brother.</p>&mdash; Chris Hurst (@chrishurstwdbj) <a href="https://twitter.com/chrishurstwdbj/status/636532144966365184">August 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am comforted by everyone at <a href="https://twitter.com/WDBJ7">@WDBJ7</a>. We are a family. She worked with Adam every day. They were a team. I am heartbroken for his fiancee.</p>&mdash; Chris Hurst (@chrishurstwdbj) <a href="https://twitter.com/chrishurstwdbj/status/636532678632861696">August 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

Witf is wrong with some people.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

The fact that he basically executed the camera man, and killed the reporter, but didn't kill the lady being interviewed (did he even shoot her?) makes me believe that perhaps he was a disgruntled former employee of the station?

8. VanityHalfBlack

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

She was shot and is in surgery.

10. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

The lady being interviewed was also shot in the back supposedly. Not sure if the shooter intended to shoot her or if one of his shots hit her (if that makes sense). She's in surgery right now.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

On live TV. It does seem like a planned execution for the world to see.

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

That's really insane, I really don't understand what's going on with people....

13. Victorious

Victorious Member

yeah an actual conversation could be a start

so we do nothing? you think this is solely a mental illness issue? is that even the case here

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I know and I don't condone it, but just found it weird how she immediately had her professional voice on again and acted like nothing happened, especially with the "not sure what happened" sentence. Don't know how many people could've done the same.

15. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

I wonder how the shooter found out that they would be doing a live report from that location today. I know sometimes TV stations publicize where their reporters will be broadcasting from in advance. Dude probably stalked them and waited for them to set up the live report before he attacked them. Sick b*stard.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm saying if you even try to start a conversation, you're first greeted with "too soon", then "it's our culture", then "second amendment yargh (even though we 100% support police/armed forces)", then we all forget about it until the next gun tragedy happens and we start this cycle over again.

If this nation couldn't even generate a conversation after 20 6 and 7-year-olds were murdered by someone who should have never been anywhere close to a gun, then it's just not going to happen.

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

By 'having a conversation', you mean 'passing laws you want'. We have conversations about gun control in this country all the time. It's a very popular subject.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

One would think eventually the tide will turn and the majority will win this issue, it happened in Australia - it needs to happen in the USA.

So sad for the reporter and I hope they kill the guy that did it, no need to go to prison and waste our tax dollars.

DD

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Don't put words in my mouth, *******. You know exactly what I mean. There has not been a substantive debate in Congress about what should be done about the increasing gun violence. And anytime people bring up that changes need to be made, it's met with "too soon" or "you're using this tragedy for political reasons".

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, not saying we do nothing, just pointing out the complexity of the issue. As to being a mental illness issue, yeah. A mentally healthy person does not go on a shooting spree. Humans are the most deadly predators on the planet and we are surrounded by them, those who are mentally ill can do a lot of damage....but what do we do with them?