1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reporter Killed Live on Air

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by youknowme, Aug 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

English and bb

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't know man.

I have seen people throwing 6-7 knifes in quick succession, each at 1500 mph.

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

don't know what this means

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a horrible tragedy. It's just awful.

5. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Except this wasn't a fight, it was a slaughter. In order to call it a gunfight the victims would have needed to be armed.

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

And I've seen toddlers kill their parents, doubt that would happen with a knife.

Here you go just this month:

The argument that a knife is anywhere near as dangerous as a gun is beyond stupidity.

7. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Or another example would be sniper killings. Can't snipe with a knife

8. rocketry

rocketry Member

I've seen some stupidity on this board before . . . but to argue that a knife is just as deadly as a gun is mental r****dation.

You can't have a discussion when people won't recognize common sense.

1 person likes this.
  9. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

I dont know if everyone is responding to my knife comment or if there were previous knife comments... but I was just saying given it was 2 women and 1 man that a knife very easily could do the same damage **in this situation** with the element of surprise. Not sure how what I said was wrong or mistaken... I never said the knife is just as dangerous as a gun. If this was 4, 5 or hell even 8 people then this would be a completely different situation as a knife would obviously be rendered useless after 2-3 people and the shock factor is gone.

10. Major

Major Member

Or maybe the guy doesn't know how to use a knife perfectly, and the stabbing doesn't result in death. Maybe one of the women is able to kick the guy and he loses his balance and someone is able to help them. There are any number of ways where a knife attack ends less badly here than a gun attack.

Again, there's a reason the murderer picked a gun over a knife when given the option here.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ahh, you haven't heard of fedora wearing internet ninjas, equipped with ninja stars?

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Arguing guns is about as fruitful as arguing abortion. I would rather bang my head against a wall until I bleed.

So without wading in, I leave this for maybe thought maybe dismissal, distain, or something else.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4581871.stm

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

ALL ABOARD THE MOTHER****ING HAYNE PLANE

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Cars kill more than guns so let's ban cars

15. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In this case, any weapon would have dealt the same damage. The only mental r****dation on this board is from you, who obviously can't separate other gun related violence from this incident.

I don't own any guns and believe some gun control is necessary, but in this instance the gun is a variable that is interchangeable and the result would always be the same. These people died because of a deranged being who would have killed regardless of what weapon he had in his hand.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It's not even an argument. It is classic NRA insanity.

The figures clearly show America excels when it comes to 'deaths by gunshot per million' - world leaders. Congratulations.
    The inconvenient truth would be that the 'death by knife per million'stat doesn't make America 'even' (ie, the other countries don't have skewed amounts of death by stabbing...)

From the outsiders perspective, it is hard to believe that so many Americans share a solitary point of IQ when it comes to this topic. Unbelievable.

17. rocketry

rocketry Member

All I can do is shake my head . . . Not many variables--if any--equate to an automatic pistol. It's just simple logic, man. Simple logic . . .

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

That's not a knife.

THIS is a ... (oh wait, did I really?)

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Funny thing is you could drunkenly kill someone with a car and get probation but drunkenly kill someone with a gun and you will get 25 to life.

20. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rest In Peace <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/VesterFlanagan?src=hash">#VesterFlanagan</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/VesterLeeFlanagan?src=hash">#VesterLeeFlanagan</a></p>&mdash; She'Andra LaRaine (@MissTxStarr) <a href="https://twitter.com/MissTxStarr/status/636566295178297344">August 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>