1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reporter expelled from public university 'Black Lives' event for not being of 'African descent'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BDswangHTX, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really makes you wonder how many incidents went unreported before cameras.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm still confused as to what organization you are talking about Bobby. "Movement For Black Lives." is not an organization.

But maybe you are right. #Blacklivesmatter are as bad as the Nazi Party.

Their end goal of getting cops to wear cameras is equal and similar to the end goal of genocide or KKK's end goal of bringing back segregation.

No distinction.

3. Remii

Remii Member

Well we agree... It's foolish.

No one said anything about who are what they support...

I just don't get why you (and others) pay so much attention to what black folks do. Are you living in fear because you think they are planning to lynch a bunch of people, blow up houses, and burn churches... Do you think they are planning to blow up federal buildings and shoot up schools, movie theaters, and churches... Do you think they are planning to produce more people so they can become the majority and white folks will become the minority... Or do you think they are plotting a diabolical scheme to hijack a bunch of airplanes with box cutters and crash them into CVS stores across the country and strike fear in the hearts of millions.

Every other group of people in this country are allowed to meet in private but when a black group does it _ clutchfan members start threads and complain about it.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Anyone that equates a movement that is relatively new, and as far as I know has not commited any violence to the KKK is being insincere.

Having said that labeling a movement based on the actions of a few is not unique to civil rights movement and is par for the course.

1 person likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Lots of terrible things that happened around the world were not reported prior to the ease and availability of cheap recording technology on phones.

6. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

According to some here, it doesn't matter. They deserved it. Camera or not.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Insincere is putting it kindly.

Still though, it's a forum and it's here to discuss these things.

Any ways that's why the purpose of the group matters. If the purpose of the group runs opposite of the actions of a few people, then it would be way more likely that they are the exceptions. It still wouldn't matter, people are going to label and have opinions on whatever. Still shouldn't stop people from telling them they are wrong.

Comparing #Blacklivesmatter to the KKK is just flat out wrong. I'd rather call it out then let people repeat it over and over again.

1 person likes this.
  8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm being a fool then please send me some good resources to read. The one book you mentioned did not seem to be held in high regard since it made major claims that were not backed up.

Like I said the government has done horrible things but the claims of that book do not seem to be one of them. Granted I haven't read that book or everything about it yet but my initial impression is the claims are wildly exaggerated.

I'm here to learn as much as I'm here to discuss things. Also, it would be nice if you to explain why I'm so far off base about these people being nuts if they think the Feds are tracking their kids. I'd also encourage you to just put Bobby on ignore too. It makes life much easier that way :grin:. That dude is nuts too and is proving it again since he thinks this black lives matter movement is the same as the KKK.

Also to your last point the group was meeting in a public place and the reporter wasn't trying to do a hit piece on them. If you look at his reports on Cleveland.com you can see he seems to simply report the news. If he has an agenda I haven't seen it yet.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This I agree with, you seem very confused.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I love how you just ignore posts where you are proven wrong.

"I'm still confused." You'll just quote that as if that's all I said. You'll ignore the rest since you've been proven wrong and actually have 0 idea what you're talking about. Since you went on about "Movement For Black Lives." being a racist organization when it's just the name of an event lol.

1 person likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't been proven wrong, you've proven to not know what an organization is and you've proven to be the defender of racists.....and all of that is fine with me. Everyone has their flaws, those are just 2 of yours.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You just ignore facts lol.

Again, which organization are we talking about Bobby? Can you answer that?

In which post did I defend racist?

Can you answer those two questions?

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Jay....Google image search "playing chess with a pigeon"

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's true. I guess I held out some small hope that he'd say "You know what, it probably was a little foolish comparing the two and saying there's no distinction." but pigs will fly first...i dunno though, it's kind of amusing watching him dance around it too.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:grin: I laughed at this post the most out of all posts in this thread. Maybe it was the picturing the sentence and someone dancing around it... literally. Thanks. LOLs

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Facts are optional, especially when it's doesn't gel with my views.

However, recall the 1993 LSU Bama game. Pigs do fly!

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I'd agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

18. Remii

Remii Member

"Comparing the fears of black folks due to the history of unfair/unequal treatment in this country to those backwoods Bastrop folks who are suspicious of the military is foolish."
    That's what I was referring to as foolish robbie... Because you compare the two.

Now if the guy visited that public establishment on a regular basis _ different story... But this guy was just there to be nosey and I don't have a problem with them kicking him out. They should have their next meeting at a private location though since so many people are interested in what they are doing for some strange reason.

As far as Webb... I said black folks knew about the government's involvement in drugs years before Webb wrote his book. Now if you don't believe the government (the CIA in particular) has a hand in the drug trade _ especially with all of the CIA contracted planes getting busted transporting dope and all of the dope that is coming out of Afghanistan since the US invaded... I can't argue with you. Just keep thinking those dudes are a bunch of angels.

19. Remii

Remii Member

Lol... Now that's funny.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Race-baiter? really? What has Obama done to "fan the flames"? Except for being half-black himself....