1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Rockets pitch to Melo: contention, Dwight, and technology

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RealRocFan47, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Classic

Classic Member

I wonder if Clyde is really invited to these things or if he just sort of shows up a la Uncle Eddie in the Winnebago @ Christmas

1 person likes this.
  2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Love the post Codman. Especially loved how your use of the word love picked up at the end of the post. And I really hope that the Summer song that you spoke of is the one by the Beach Boys, love that one.

LOVE

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Okay so whats the smart beauty mark? Parsons? Maybe Hardens inability to burst?

Division in the locker room over trading Parsons makes sense. Maybe a deal for Love including Parsons is available?

So plan A is Melo but he will only join if something crazy happens likely trading Harden away and acquiring Lebron. Otherwise he signs with Lebron in Miami.

Plan B is the Love Parsons trade

Plan C is Lowry and another piece or two

Just my guess

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Regardless of what we as fans think of Clyde's tv duties, he still gets alot of respect from the players because of how good of a player he was.

Lets not let his ineptitude at talking on tv override the fact that he is one of the top 50 players all time.

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ERCzN91JicA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Classic

Classic Member

No doubt. He's got hardware.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Off the wall guessing

soMewHere soon - MH = Miami Heat?

Lala got the sis(Savannah James? Adrienne Bosh?)
    'Melo got the bros(LeBron and maybe Bosh/Wade--that class of 2003)

Plan A - Carmelo?
    Plan B - Love?
    Plan C - ???

Summer & Bob Dylan:

Dylan has a song called "In the Summertime"(released on the album called "Shot of Love") and a song called "Summer Days"(released on the album called "Love and Theft")

Jessica Biel: Featured in a movie called "Summer Catch"

Thanks Cod. :)

8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

hmmmm.... maybe a player who went to Harvard?

9. AkeemTheDreem86

Forgot to mention the Nizkor Project was founded in Canada.

10. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

As good as our presentation might be, I think it'll come down to which city can offer his wife the best reality show

That chick's a HUGE attention w**** and will persuade Melo to go anywhere she can better her "career":rolleyes:

11. AkeemTheDreem86

And forgot to thank Codman. :)

12. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

If 'Melo comes in with the attitude that he wants Chandler gone (assuming because Melo wants to play SF), I'm not sure that I want him.

I admire his game but he clearly has a very selfish quality about him. He's not Lebron -- meaning he's not going to carry us to a championship alone. So I don't want him calling any shots.

If I'm the Rockets, I lay out the way it's going to be (with Chandler) and tell him we give him the best opportunity to win, and that's it. Take it or leave it. He's done nothing in his career but put up individual numbers, so he is not in a position to make demands IMO.

It would be exciting to land him but it would be much easier to root for Lowry and Parsons or Kevin Love.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

As mentioned earlier, The Beach Boys reference is pretty clear there.
    [​IMG]

14. Nook

Nook Member

Clyde is also a very good speaker and very personable in a one on one situation and in small groups. He has his flaws, but I could see how he would be an asset.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

My guess is that Plan A is Melo. Plan B is Love... but Parsons is traded to make it happen. Plan C is Lowry. I'm hoping it's not Lowry unless it's in conjunction with Love or some other upper tier FA like Deng. I'd almost rather just use our capspace to fill depth by grabbing overpaid role players from other teams Mavericks in the 2000s.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Cod has to protect his sources, and if he doesn't, they might toss him into a deep fryer.

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I love these crypted post.

I think Love is our guy. Rockets with Love, Harden, and Howard would have three of the best players at there positions.

Codman is alluding to Love, and so is Doc Rocket.

Yeah.

18. basketballholic

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ftjEcrrf7r0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. The83rdWonder

The83rdWonder Member

I'll take a guess that this part is alluding to Lin and how the locker room could be divided through his subtraction.

20. basketballholic

Codman's post (and the alleged pursuit of Lowry) tells me we have Love and we're just trying to work out the details and possibly get more out of the eventual trade.

There's simply no way we go hard after Lowry without having a solution at the 4 that gives Harden and Howard optimal space to operate in.