1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Rockets pitch to Melo: contention, Dwight, and technology

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RealRocFan47, Jun 30, 2014.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I can't say for sure, but it will likely involve some type of sweater.

2 people like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Knicks free agent Carmelo Anthony's list of teams to visit still includes CHI ,HOU, DAL, LAL, NY with no additions at this time, source says</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/statuses/483976322528444417">July 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

What a reverse of timing does.

Remember when everything depended on where LeBron was going? Now, I'm told it's dependent on Melo. (Okay, LaLa, too, I guess) I said they were crazy, but they say unless something crazy happens. Melo will sign soMewHere soon. Not alone though. La's got the sis. Mel's got the bros. It's well known. They could be like the Prom King and Queen of the NBA in terms of player likability.

For Melo, it's mind over matter right now. Forced meditation could make him switch everything. Or according to one report...Milkhair, as many of you call him? I've heard that's very overrated and more of a kind gesture. Like how you give someone a compliment when you really can't figure them out. TBH, I don't know much about McHale's reach with some of these guys. With Dwight, he had the player-position role. These other guys...he didn't know how to play on their level.

Blood in Blood out. Somehow, Morey must have studied the Nizkor Project. He's so good at this from what I've heard. Afraid of preganac---err Free Agency? There's always a backup-to the backup- to the backup. And no matter what, there's this hard Mass that has to be removed from faces. Some people call it a smart beauty mark, others have tired of its buildup and inability to burst. My least favorite part of math was always division through subtraction.

The argument right now, and it is an argument (No, not Dan Gilbert incompetence-type argument), is which plan you rock the boat with. How do you keep everyone happy? It's not like we're dealing with a personalties of Walt Williams, Mo Tay and Moochie. They gave no Fu**s about roster moves. Times have changed.

Plan A glitters. Plan B a diamond in it's own right. Plan C is what I'm personally hoping for, but it may not be that home-run you'd expect.

I like this time of the year as a fan. Even the radio plays that song "Summer" and you just can't help but feel good about it. It's like a good mix of Bob Dylan and Jessica Biel in your mind.

I really don't like being cryptic. I'm not too good at it. I'm not creative like Doc. I just have to do it to keep it butta with my people.

When it's all said and done, once again, like I've done in the past I'll explain it all. (Example: (though minor) the Jordan Hamilton deal was easy to figure out as was the backfired Danny Granger attempt. Oh we were so close and he would have been a difference against Portland. I firmly believe that.

Just got back from a short vacay..that's it for a little bit. Take it as you will. Just telling you what I was told from good people in the know..and with the cryptic-writing from a point of respect.

Love ya'll, the real fans. The ones that remember Moochie's game winners, Matt Maloney's slow jog up the court and stuff like Sam Mack signing here and then being caught up with a ton of weed in his whip. Those are the fans that have been through it. :)

We're getting our redemption. Soon.

One love.

Cod

1 person likes this.
  5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Dammit Codman aka Code Man. Melo to the Heat? As long as we get Lowry and Love

6. Convictedstupid

Crazy if Melo signs with the heat.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Thanks for posting but I literally can't understand anything you posted in this except that Melo is the King of the Prom. That Golden Penny reference was so obscure that only Einstein could figure it out. You're great at being cryptic because it's impossible to decode :p. If Doc Rocket is Donkey Kong Country you're Battletoads.

8. AkeemTheDreem86

Bob Dylan and Jessica Beil are both from Minnesota.

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm too tired to even notice that it was in the paragraph. I hope that means a trade is coming. I hope Melo is just a gesture on both sides.

10. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

It's his wife....you guys are borderline on this. Of course her opinion matters and Houston is really no 2nd place city to many. I've been to Chicago many times...it aint all that. When you're a rich and famous athlete; all cities are the same. Houston is a place you can raise a family....LaLa isn't some bimbo tramp...she had a career before Melo and helped him grow up. She is a good person and he respects her opinion.

11. mario_v

mario_v Member

soMewHere? You capitalized M and H, as in Miami Heat? So melo to Miami?

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

There are so many reports out there, and whatnot that I really dont see the point in being cryptic, but if your trying to have a little bit of fun thats cool.

All I know is that in the Media there is growing sentiment for whatever reason to not mention Houston in any of the latest rumors.

Its crazy, when Brian Windhorst was on Zach Lowe's podcast the other day, he wouldn't stop talking about the Rockets and their grand scheme, and the moment he gets on the national hotline its almost like he's being told... Ok.... we NEED you to talk about these cities and these cities only.

I'm not a big conspiracy theorist, but I do believe in scheming. There is a really, really big reason why Houston isn't being talked about or being shoved aside in these free agency talks as a serious suitor. Just not sure what that reason is yet.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

LOL Maybe Houston?

14. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

Where does LaLa's sister live?

15. AkeemTheDreem86

Blood In Blood Out is a movie set in Chicago.

Can't figure out why he'd mention the Nizkor Project, though. Maybe he hates Casspi???

16. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I think it means we probably have a slightly better chance to get him than other teams listed. We were mentioned in Dwight talks but no where near as much as LAL and Dallas and some other teams. Then we got Dwight. Hopefully Melo is next and then we match Parsons.

17. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

imho:

Codman is hinting at the fact that melo will only come here if we get rid of parsons ("something crazy happens")...but if we make that move, we get others, maybe pierce. Dwight wants Chandler. Period. Harden wants to win with Melo and Pierce... that's the difference in opinions and why you can't please everyone.

Do you upset Dwight to bring in Melo and other supporters, or do you keep Dwight happy, keep chandler, and pass on this one time shot at Melo and the benefits of his recruiting.

That is a tough one, because Morey wants it all, Melo and Chandler... but Melo is not down with it.

18. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

It's like the ESPN monster...last year not giving houston a chance to land Dwight and rather him stay in LA because it was best for ESPN LA

This year...never him them mention us much in regards to Melo, because it's in the best interest Melo goes to Chicago or Dallas....Also ESPN

19. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

So Melo to Miami. Leaving us with Bosh "plan Bosh is a diamond in its own right" .... ?

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

McHale?