1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Report: Rockets pitch to Melo: contention, Dwight, and technology

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RealRocFan47, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

it is happening:confused:

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Dream is our best salesman. He should be there.

Clyde? :(

3. pass_to_Hakeem

Wow kinda wish Dream was gonna be a part of the pitch!!!

4. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

You're forgetting Clyde is the master of...

[​IMG]

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Aren't they supposed to go after Lebron first?

6. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

Maybe they get a sense Lebron is staying in Miami?

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

LeBron is in route to Brazil.

8. Rockness

Rockness Member

Would be funny if after the whole presentation Melo would say the following:

" Yeah, I'm not buying it, sorry...
    On the jerseys:
    ..first off, Leslie, those jerseys look horrible. Yao Ming is gone, deal with it and please move on because if I were to ever come play here, it would need to look good on me and those cuts do not fly with me. Also I saw that secondary logo, what's up with that?? Time for a fresh start, invest your money in that instead of the flash! If you do, that would go a long way with me ow and Leslie: please no more ketchup and mustard, okay, this is 2014, not 1988 alright"

On playing with Harden and Howard
    "That's fine and all, but how am I going to get my points, this pretty face likes the attention and I'm not sure with the dunk show by Dwight over here and the 22 second iso Steve Francis fat copycat over there is going to get me my touches and buckets. Also, McHale, have you seen that long ass video of fatty over there not playing defense, what's up with that?"

On playing under McHale
    " If you cannot hold anybody accountable, look lost half the time, letting players go hyper in the playoffs and do not have the balls to sit down players who are hurting the team, how are we ever getting past your first round obstacle? Also, what's up with staying head coach anyway, everybody round the league know the deal...come on man, we know."

On playing alongside Beverley, Parsons etc.
    Then another thing, you boy Beverley is my dog but the rest of them, I'm not impressed. Pretty boy Chandler has a big f-ing ego and i like to be the only pretty thang on the team and since we both play SF, he's gone right? Ow yeah, and Lin, he better not be here either next week when I make my decision. TJ can stay, he better than Amare.

9. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

This is all messed up, but I ain't gonna lie, I LOLd.

10. FeaR

FeaR Member

I have him on my ignore list for a reason. Please don't quote him.

11. jvu

jvu Member

NO TO MELOOOO...

12. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

...:eek:

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

IIRC, Lebron will be there for the Final on July 13th. His agent has been listening to offers.

14. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Please add me to your ignore list too. What a dbag...

15. FeaR

FeaR Member

If you start writing things like he does, i will gladly add you.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It would be funny if Melo sat down and sounded just like a bunch of negative Clutchfans threads? At least Maurry would recognize the riffs, I guess. LOL.

Gonna be a fun couple of weeks!

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I bet it doesn't last one.

Our team is better off getting Lowry and resigning Chandler.

MLE the new 4.

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Harden and Howard were not allowed to recruit before Melo et all became free agents. With the number of violations that the Rockets have had, I think the Rockets may be telling staff and players to be more careful what they say to the media.

Obviously, Beverley didn't get the memo and is hearing it from his 7 coaches.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah it's weird to me that a "rockets fan" would think it would be funny if Melo insulted the team and organization and then signed somewhere else.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Players are allowed to talk to each other before and after. Where the circumvention line getting grey is when events happen such as the Miami Big 3 & Haslem "Dinner" that happened a week or so ago where they brought in their agents, and essentially worked a new Cap structure deal for Pat Riley without Pat Riley actually being there.

The Opt outs & wink-wink deals Haslem & Wade especially are going to be getting scream that Pat Riley had some sort of voice at the table while not being there physically.

But there is nothing that keeps Pat Bev, Harden or whoever, going to the club with Carmelo and saying "Hey dude... what do you think about H-Town???... You ever been to Treasures??" etc.