1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Rockets may pursue Warriors’ Kevon Looney

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

But if you are gonna mention the firing you have to also mention they got Kwahi. That has a little to do with it as well. I think the previous coach wins a championship with Kwahi as well.

B-Bob and D-rock like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The coach has to have the respect of the star player, Phil Jackson, Rudy T, Popovich, even Steve Kerr.

It's very easy to say that Harden isn't the same player in the playoffs because teams don't play him the same way, the coach is suppose handle the situations and put him in the best position to win.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Can't prove that.

You can only verify what happened with a new coach and new player.

bold moves that paid off.

How much longer will D'Antoni be coach if we keep losing again?

#63 tinman, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Won't happen. Loony should get more than capella

5. Stack24

Don’t get me wrong. I agree that we can’t keep doing the same thing. And he’s had plenty of opportunities to pull off a championship and being that close and failed on very important moments.

My point was that is was that we can’t attribute it to only a coach change because there were more variables.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Interesting

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Don Chaney for the Houston Rockets won coach of the year, he got fired after the next season.
    He was replaced by Rudy T. Both coaches had Hakeem.

jch1911 likes this.
  8. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

And you're not getting it. The GM is responsible for the coach.

Masai who is a far better GM than Morey fired Casey and got in a new coach who delivered a ring. It's not Mike Dan Tony fault that Morey doesn't recognize his weaknesses and continues to hire him. If anything, I guess MDA is following Morey's plan to a T and that's why has the job

As I said, its not just mDA, its as much Morey and Harden

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I have advocated for Richaun Holmes many times as a good buy low C that is productive.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  10. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

As a fallback option, I can see it happening. That being said, if the Rockets miss out on Butler, I think they run it back and pick up a wing with their MLE

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, but it will be hard to pick up
    a wing with just the 5.7M MLE.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Shams saying the Celtics will go after Kanter and Looney.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

...and the Warriors be like 'Cool, we'll sign RoLo or BroLo'
    and CF be like "Argggghhh! Morey dumb! Y U NOT SIGN RoLo for vet min instead paying this other guy!"
    :D

14. Stack24

How does that matter in this discussion in terms of coach change and championship. It took other additions and a year before we got the ring.

Did you forget that Rudy got Horry that year as well? Then the next was Cassel which were huge instruments in the system. I know you didn’t forget since your probably from the same era as me.

We know Rudy won it but could we argue that Chaney might have with the same staff? Who knows. Again variables changed that are Important. You can’t keep ignoring that. While a coaching change and style can have a great impact on winning. You are not comparing apples to apples.

Off the top of my head I can’t think of many where a coaching change happened with all the same players with instant success.