1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Rockets may pursue Warriors’ Kevon Looney

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jun 28, 2019.

1. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Kill 2 birds with one stone

We get Looney and strengthen and GSW weaken

I LIKE IT

[​IMG]

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Hearing Jordan getting $10-15M/yr

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not a capologist, but what is the money looking like if they give Klay the max? I trust Morey can come up with some cap machinations like the poison pill contract he did with Lin.

Edit: Nevermind, Looney is unrestricted. no need for schemes, Looney will have to chose us.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

no klay or kd for the next year is more than enough

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Trading PJ would be looney.

6. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

No chance but would love to see it

7. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

he's unrestricted

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think they'd rather bring KD and Klay back. Do they have enough flexibility to pull off all 3?

9. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Yes, very underrated player which is why it might only take the MLE to get him and the promise of a starting position. Surprised me with his subtle all around skills but his intangibles are pretty damn good similar to Tucker. It is difficult to measure his value which is why an older flashier player like DeAndre Jordan will probably sign for $10 mil w/ LA and Looney will make $5-$6 mil. Looney makes the most sense if we lose Capela to get Butler.

If the Butler trade falls through, would love for the Rockets to entertain the idea of trading Capela anways for a young wing player like Jaylen Brown. Then sign Looney w/ the MLE.

BamBam likes this.
  10. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

I wouldn't be so sure. We lost to a Spurs team at HOME who did not have Kawhi and Parker, albeit one game

Curry and Dray are better than anyone on that team that played

I'm going to continue doubting Harden in the playoffs until he gets it done

Nelly likes this.
  11. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

Fair.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah well that rockets team wasn't better than this current one. you can doubt him if you want to. ive already had my share of posts about him

that gs team will be fighting for one of the bottom playoff spots if theyre lucky enough to have steph and dg last throughout the whole season

13. tc0330

tc0330 Member

yea im not saying hes gonna replace all the good capela gave us, but i do think hes a great replacement to fill the holes we need in some aspects. and the biggest part i like about him is his fight. its hard to find players that can duke it out like him in playoffs

BaselineFade likes this.
  14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I was with u till the last hot take lol, gsw wont be fighting for the 8th seed. U going too far. Curry is a top ten player bro. Iggy dray are pretty good. N it's not like some of the bench guys cant be good. It's just they never had a chance. I believe in the organization first. Just like the rockets. They will find a way to be competitive

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Looney isn't good. And the idea that he is better than Capela is insane.

He'll become the scape goat for Clutchfans' hate within 2 months of the season.

clutchdabear, ilias and Nelly like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

one of the bottom playoff spots does not mean 8th. apparently for you it did though.

calm down there and take a deep breath

17. jowman

jowman Member

If you watched the warriors games throughout the playoffs looney was making big plays on defense and scoring on offense. He’s not an offensive player but finishes strong around the hoop and gets clutch FTs when the warriors need it. There was a sequence he led them in a comeback against Portland- where they went now on a run with him getting a steal, a block, offensive rebound and putback and creating a stop in one stretch he was on the floor.

Dude is a better defender, shooter, way better FT shooter, more clutch etc than p***y capela.

Only thing you have to lean on is empty stats created by harden and cp3. What can capela do better? Lobs. Yeah that’s with 2 of the best passers feeding him. gtfo out of here

cerophilik likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not gonna say he isn't good but agree with the rest (especially the scapegoat part :D)

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

while much of this did happen, its not a forgone conclusion that he can play big minutes on a nightly basis and still be as effective. there's a big difference there. just because guys can come in and be effective in spot minutes doesn't mean they can completely translate all that into a night of 30+ minutes

one thing he has proven is he can be a solid backup big. a starter you can rely on every night in those type of minutes not so much as of now.

#39 YOLO, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  20. basketballholic

LOL

Warriors will likely have to choose Looney or Bell. It'd be hilarious if we got an opt in deal for Butler...and then offered Looney and Bell deals simultaneously....Bell restricted.

D-rock likes this.