1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: JVG finalist for Rox

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xiki, May 16, 2016.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

On a team with mediocre chemistry, why not hire the ultimate glue guy? He is probably the smartest player ever and in my opinion will be an all time great at anything he does. http://www.theplayerstribune.com/elite-glue-guys-101/. He's also very close with JVG and Daryl. He is also young enough to relate to the players. His interest is the only question I have.

2. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Broadcasting games isn't the issue as long as Kerr was willing to forego any contact with players.

3. MONON

MONON Member

My bad. I didn't see that aelliott had already explained it & much better than I did. :eek:

4. basketballholic

I didn't. And you didn't.

Don't believe hardly anything aelliott writes.

#104 basketballholic, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

It is indeed "great" to have connections. That you blab when asked not to is why you don't.

6. aelliott

Your sense of humor is as good as your bball takes.

7. basketballholic

LOL. Hook, line, and sinker.

Go to lunch with Morey and find out how he feels about Terrence now.

1 person likes this.
  8. basketballholic

But your bball takes arent as good as my sense of humor.

9. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

You guys argue about the dumbest things sometimes.

Anyways, I'm intrigued about JVG. I wonder how much he's learned while being away for so long. I'm sure whichever coach we hire I'll be fine with and trust. I'm more worried about free agency to be honest.

10. aelliott

I generally use facts so I understand why that would bother you.

1 person likes this.
  11. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

He's loyal to Houston and his team will play hard and disciplined ball. Love it!

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I think you have a poor understanding on the meaning of the word "fact", as you deliberately (or maybe even unconsciously) omit context and apply causation with every "advanced metric" you use. In the scientific community where the validity of results lies mostly on statistical significance, doing what you do isn't even stupidity...it's dishonesty. You're grasp isn't rudimentary enough to ignore basic statistical principles so it really makes me question why you do what you do.

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

Lateral move. Not a step towards contending. We've already been down this road. Mediocre gonna mediocre.

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Van Gundy
    Messina lead assistant

15. Title99

Title99 Contributing Member

Does this mean Patrick Ewing will be coming back? I sure hope not.....would prefer to see Dream in the building.

16. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Oh, awesome. This great theory that Daryl lies to me so I will spread his lies. Maybe you don't have friends IRL but this is how it works: When Daryl can't answer a question of mine honestly, he tells me that. And he often tells me he can't answer a question. But he doesn't lie to me.

I'm sorry that your experience (or rather inexperience) with having friends leads you to think otherwise. That's very sad.

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Basketballholic is an insider? Since when? Last time I checked he was trying to charge members for "insider info" that summer we signed Dwight. He always seems confirm any rumors after the fact someone else has posted them too...

What's the last news he broke?

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I seriously hope you are joking

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Good Grief, you and aelliott are two of the most respected and proven contributors of this website and then I see a poster that I previously blocked attacking you guys.

I've never seen a poster so consistently throw crap against the wall to see what sticks and never ever have anything stick as basketballidiot or Jopat or whatever he is. I'm guessing he still keeps a signature on all of his posts full of players he thinks the Rockets are targeting but never seem to acquire.

Thank you and aelliott for continuing to post regardless of that hack attacking you.

1 person likes this.
  20. #Pursuit

#Pursuit Member

A lot of that was a product of not using him right and getting him to lock in