1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Jaguars to hire Mike Mularkey

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 10, 2012.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Falcons losing both their OC and DC(although that might not be a bad thing).

[rquoter]Six years after walking away from a head coaching job in Buffalo, Mike Mularkey will again run an NFL team.

Tania Ganguli of the Florida Times-Union reports that the Jaguars are hiring Mularkey to be their next head coach. Mularkey has been the offensive coordinator in Atlanta since 2008.[/rquoter]

2. plates300

plates300 Member

Atlanta's offense this year was a big mess. Not sure if it will be a good hire or not. Hopefully it works in favor of the Texans :)

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[​IMG]

4. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

With Mularkey at the helm, oh it will.

5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Wow. The Falcons offense was underwhelming this year considering the amount of talent they have, and they failed to put up a point against a Giants defense that was pretty bad this year (albeit improved late in the season).

Matt Ryan has also hardly progressed undrer him. Solid QB who puts up decent numbers but if you watch his game it can be very shaky at times.

Consider me happy that we get to watch the Mularkey/Gabbert train wreck for at least a couple of years.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

How any team can hire the OC of the Falcons after that abortion of a game against the Giants is beyond me. The conspiracy theorist in me says that this is a ploy by the Jags new owner to suck so hard that attendance drops to all-time lows, which would then allow him the out he needs to move the team to Los Angeles. Other than that, I don't get it.....

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Why be so quick to write off Mularkey? The Falcons have been in the top 10 in scoring 3 of the last 4 years. Just like here, if MM as a head coach finds a capable DC to keep that defense growing they could go somewhere (like 2nd in the AFC South). I had my fingers crossed that they'd hire Denver's OC.

I'm really hoping 7th pick in the draft is late enough that they miss out on someone like Griffin III. Mularkey had an effective tenure as OC with Kordell Stewart under center.

8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I've never really thought that Mike Mularkey was a better coach than Jack Del Rio, but whatever.

9. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

He said the offensive coordinator will be calling the shots offensively which is a good thing for the Jaguars.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Falcons replace Mularkey with Dirk Koetter who was the Jacksonville OC last year.

Sick of this **** :mad:

11. what

what Member

I like this hire. Mularkey and MJD and that d, Mike Thomas, they got some weapons.

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

They dont have too many weapons.

MJD is the only premium weapon they have.

They need to sign V-Jax and draft Blackmon as the WR#1 and WR#2.

Mike Thomas would be perfect in the slot and Mercedes Lewis is a solid tight end although he did have a down year last year.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tying this all back together, Falcons hire Mike Nolan as DC.

JAC OC Koetter --> ATL OC
    ATL OC Mularky --> JAC HC
    ATL DC Van Gorder --> Auburn DC
    MIA DC Nolan --> ATL DC

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

well now the jags will go for it on 4th and 1 and never make it.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Why would the Falcongs get the Jags OC? Spite?

16. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

If you want to learn more about recycling, just watch NFL teams hire and fire head coaches and coordinators, then you can learn how the process works simple and is efficient for the environment.

[​IMG]