1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Houston Rockets have been searching market for ‘franchise centerpiece-worthy player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I can’t see us making a play for Zion, Mitchell and certainly not Lamelo.

Zion isn’t worth it, Mitchell wouldn’t play for us and neither would Lamelo (cost would be unreal).

Tyrese Hally was the play to make, but clearly we didn’t have what the Kings wanted or were willing to make a substantial offer for him.

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I feel that. I’ve moved beyond it all considering we did nothing except own their ass when we were contenders. Now that we’re in the lottery I don’t hold any animosity toward any player

topfive and D-rock like this.
  3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

regardless of Wolves’ history, it’s for KAT to determine how he approaches his career. Hats off to KAT if he endeavors to alter the narrative.

4. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Totally agree with you. It would need to be numerous moves if we were to trade for Mitchell.

5. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

I like Lamelo, can’t see the hornets parting ways but I like his skill set. Could be a nice piece for this team, any team.

6. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

C’mon man don’t fall for this fake PR stuff the Rockets put out on an annual basis. By the way we ain’t getting Lamelo Ball….keep fantasizing.

7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Are you not giving him at least a little bit of credit for that? Yeah I'm assuming nobody darker than me wants to live in Utah, is that incorrect?

Willing to roll with whoever is available. Mitchell - Green - Tate - 1/3 - Sengun is a shitload better team than what we offer now. Year after that we roll into the offseason with a max contract available too. Porter, Martin, Christopher, Nix, Mathews, Garuba bench? Things could be a lot worse than that.

No but I believe him when he says Utah is smelly.

cmoak1982 likes this.