1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: CP3 Pushing for Rox to Sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jul 8, 2018.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Boston just has great defense in general. Dont forget we should have won both games against them.

Not to mention Harden roasted the Clippers every time we played them. Yea they played good defense...but lets not say they "shut him down"

Only one person I will give that to and thats Roberson.

lionaire likes this.
  2. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Kawhi?

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Setting Melo aside for a minute (I'm all for signing him), your repeated claims that Qi is only on the team because of the Chinese viewers doesn't hold much weight. If the owners were really that desperate to capture even more of the Chinese audience, they'd insist that he get more minutes with the big team. It's not like the Vipers' games are broadcast to China or Vipers' jersey selling in the stores over there.

In other words, unless he can actually crack the Rockets' rotation, he doesn't put much Chinese money in Tilman's pocket.

#343 topfive, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

For sure Harden roasted the Clippers. But if you watched those games, once they put the scrubs in, they significantly slowed/shut him down. We blew huge leads in those games. Thornwell or whateve his names is.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

I think slowed him down is the right word.

6. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Hey @Plowman hows it going? With LMM gone now too, when do we get to say something negative about the offseason? Just wanted to check in with you to avoid little chicken status. Im shooting for medium at the minimum for the summer. Thx.

7. txn

txn Member

Wait, isn't that if they waive Melo, his remaining salary will be divided into next three years? So they are paying less amount of tax each year? So once the season starts, the earlier they waive Melo, the more they will be saving on the tax. Correct me if I am wrong.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

They also lost Bogut, thats 2 of their starting 5 it may be an upgrade but its also a risk especially to a team that already got a ring and relied a lot on their defense. Melo IS an upgrade to Ariza and Luc whether you admit it or not. Melo is aging but he is as old as Ariza, if you think "featuring" him is bad then Ariza is also bad because he is just as old. I'd rather feature a previous all star then feature Ariza and a vet min dude wtf.

It doesnt matter if what I said isnt anything "new", its still correct. If you already knew all this yet still made your posts then tgat just makes you pretty stupid imho.

Anyway you seem so determined the Rox defense will be bad and they will be eliminated even earlier so lets leave it at that for now. I'll see you later when you eat crow once the season begins.

9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

first game harden played without cp3, 2nd game was without harden and 3rd game we killed those fools with both harden and cp3. Harden wasn't stopped, first game our players missed wide open 3's and allowing them to come back.

Possum likes this.
  10. the shark

the shark Member

Nobody is stopping you from being a whiny little b****.

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn’t matter who he played with or without or who won the game. I never said the clippers shut Harden down, but individually some those clippers scrubs got under his skin and really turned the game. Even in our blowout we were up 22 after first and they got it down to single digits.

Jawon Evans was plus 20 first game.
    Tyrone Wallace was plus 16 second game.
    Thornwell was a plus 12 last game.

Their defense on Harden was key in comebacks by pressuring him fullcourt and totally disrupting the flow of the game.