1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: CP3 Pushing for Rox to Sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jul 8, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Richie_Rich, DonKnock, Zboy and 4 others like this.
  2. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Melo not a Knick, Rockets not from NY, reps met in Las Vegas, yet an NY radio host is the only one with the scoop. Seems legit

DonKnock, topfive and Fulgore like this.
  3. justtxyank

I won't totally dismiss it. Common theme on this board is always to dismiss anyone who says something that goes against that desired outcome.

However, I can't stand Mitch Lawrence on the radio so I hope he's wrong just so he's not right.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

There isn’t anyway Houston is questioning the fit after hardcore going after him last year. Morey has a hard on for the dude.

But seriously if he’s starting it’s not a good fit. Vet min Melo off the bench is perfect

Bobsputin likes this.
  5. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

but why would the Rockets be debating this now? They wanted him all last year (almost had him)
    well see if it turns out to be true

Bobsputin likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

the results of having guys like PJ, Ariza, LMM putting the defense in the upper tier may have something to do with it

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Assuming that NY dude is telling th truth, the good news i take from this is that if the Rockets see Melo as a bench player, it means they have already a deal to get someone to play the 3 in the starting lineup.

htxaf likes this.
  8. justtxyank

Right I don't really believe it either but I won't outright dismiss it.

One of the articles that came out said we want him as scoring forward off the bench. Maybe they met with his people and they said "Yo P! They want me to come off the bench!" Maybe they met with his people and he wants every drop of the MLE. It's certainly possible that they've been taken aback by something in discussions with his reps.

9. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

You're right but it doesn't mean we should believe him either. Everything about his "fit" should have already been known. I don't think there is a deciding period for him or the Rockets. At this point it's a yes or no and we are just waiting for the buyout.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The thing that's most weird about it is that Bay Frazier isn't really a basketball guy at all. He's all about the business side and off-court dynamics. Highly doubt that conversation had much to do with basketball fit.

Granted, it's possible they had meetings with folks other than Frazier and we just don't know about it.

DonKnock and Bobsputin like this.
  11. justtxyank

Maybe they talked finances? Possible the Rockets said they were hoping for a vet minimum signing so they could use the MLE to sign Melton and Moute?

Who knows. I don't really believe it either. It's Mitch Lawrence. It's hard for me to accept that someone as bad as he is on the radio would ever get an inside scoop. I swear, if he's a co-host it's like he doesn't even listen and then chimes in with some sort of piggyback "Right" or "Absolutely" or something. Unless they are talking about NY in the old days.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

one of the questions was possibly if the team needed you to come off the bench bc they felt like thats where you could possibly contribute the most. what was melo's response likely be...

[​IMG]

Richie_Rich and justtxyank like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That would have been Josh Smith's response too if he had been asked that while on the Pistons or Hawks. Things change when things change. Being part of a competent franchise for the first time in his career IMO will change quite a bit.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh look more wishful thinking and assumptions *Yawns*

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Then again, who on this current roster would you rather have at the other forward spot next to PJ? Luc?

I say start Melo at SF and PJ at PF. If Melo's guy is torching us on the offensive end, bring in Luc.

DonKnock likes this.
  16. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

when we are in a fight against the Dubs next season, i don't want to see Durant draining shots after shots in front of Melo, but if CP3 wants melo, then i will support him, but if Melo can't behave himself and be a useful man, then it is the coach's job to sit him down....

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah yes, your pessimistic thinking and assumptions are much more interesting. Gotta love the chicken little's among us.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

to keep the continuity with how well the rockets played and how good they became a few months ago, Luc is the only one that comes close to being able to replicate that with Ariza gone. That level of defense isn't happening with both melo and harden in the lineup

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

when i post about things that actually took place and reality, yeah of course theyre viewed that way on your end. couldn't care less.

theres plenty of rational posters here that engage in great discussions. then theres ones with tunnel vision. looks familiar

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, we're gonna have fun re-posting your hot takes a year from now. Keep it up.