1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Cheap Chinese NBA Players Falling Apart After A Couple Seasons

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LewLLOYD, Mar 28, 2008.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

This makes it really easy to tell who knows what the Onion is...

2. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

Seriously, not every one in the world can live a expensive and unsustainable life like most americans. That is why China is making cheap staff for its own markets. However China also make good quality expensive ones. It is not China's fault to produce cheap and low quality products, its is rather the consumer's decision. IMHO, China provided options for poor americans and all poor people in the world, so they can live a decent life. If people prefer quality products, you have to take the high price (100% sure they are also made in China). Otherwise, people here (like the author of this article) need to SFU.

3. eastwoodsz

eastwoodsz Member

Remember guys,taiwan is a province of China,don't compare them together!Or you'll die.

:cool:

4. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

When one saw how such crappy thread could get [​IMG] instead of [​IMG] or no stars, one can see how low appreciation quality the Clutchfans site readers/posters have become. :rolleyes:

I think I should just stay away from this site and stop wasting my time here in creating more quality threads for you guys.

#64 pryuen, Mar 29, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  5. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

NERD FIGHT!
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ef6AKriyTx4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ef6AKriyTx4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

6. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Lol, I don't know why, but I just find this post really funny, because it dissects an article that practically spews out satire on Chinese products, but the poor guy can't even see it, so needs somebody to explain it.

7. bloop

bloop Member

haha I thought this pretty funny.

it slams yao but it makes fun of euro and american players as well. this isn't really a statement on yao or chinese products, it's having fun with different stereotypes people have about players from different countries

to be real, the chinese themselves have this attitude. the predominant luxury brands in china are western or japanese... because they are perceived as the best.

if might be offensive if chinese players were singled out as objects, but all players are objects not simply chinese players. and euro players are described as overpriced, not simply luxury. again pretty clever commentary on the fact that players are considered commodities in the NBA

for our friends in china The Onion is extremely hit or miss but this one hit the mark just between r****ded and clever commentary... mileage may vary but I LOLed

8. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Is the Onion still in Wisconsin? I thought they relocated to NYC.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

once again, its all about pryuen... trust me, if you stopped making quality threads the place will keep going.

the article made enough people laugh to give it a high rating, enough people actually got the joke that the Onion was going for...

10. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

lol, love the onion

11. teknokid

teknokid Member

There are more high quality products from china? Name some.. There are more ****ty quality products from china than high quality. Chinese?

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Looks like the one thing China isn't importing to the US is a sense of humor.

13. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Food's good.

Just have to eat again in one hour.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't think it's appopriate to compare Yao to a cheap Chinese product that falls apart over time.

He isn't cheap. *rimshot*

15. alecoool

alecoool Member

Pryuen, I feel you but you might be a little childish on this. As long as Yao is still play for Rockets, You are not going to anywhere. :D

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Lost in translation I think.

You are right this thread should not have 4 stars....5 would be more appropriate.

Pryuen, do some research on the Onion....I think you might feel a tad bit silly.

DD

17. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Or maybe they just understand humor and satire.

18. alecoool

alecoool Member

There is humor in China too but it happens this one doesn't make them laugh.

There is good humor and bad humor. Good one makes people laugh and bad one hurts people. and bad one makes some people laugh others.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

True, you don't have to like the humor, but some people find it funny.

DD

20. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Well... It's different kind of humor. Where we might laugh at irreverence and satire, others might not.
    It's kind of like how the British just go nuts for a man in a dress, but we just kind of sit there bored.