1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Chandler Parsons won't rule out return to Houston in free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

Its both actually. There was SHORT TERM bad feelings with the org.

The events again:
    - Rockets org let Parsons and his agent Dan Fegan out of his contract early as a show of good faith for bringing in Dwight Howard.
    - As soon as Parsons enters free agency, he starts whining about being "disrespected" by the Rockets org and is "offended", instead of appreciating the gesture... blatantly chasing the money
    - And willingly being part of Mark Cuban's plan to STICK IT to the Rockets hard. Thats kind of a punk move really
    - Dan Fegan recently fired by Dwight Howard brings more bitterness into negotiations, moreso than Parsons himself but it wont help.

Thats all part of business, and the Rockets did similar with the Lin signing. Everyone uses whatever negotiation leverage they can for themselves. In the LONG run yes its water under the bridge because of the fact the Rockets actually got better without Parsons, easy to forget him playing in the WCF. And Rockets do bring back players. All about the price in the end lol

#121 Shroopy2, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  2. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Parsons is a no-defense p***y who would replicate much of what Harden already brings to the table.

3. ballplayer

ballplayer Member

I wouldn't mind having Parson's back. He's a good guy, great team mate, and he knows our system. Oh what that's the Texans. Okay he's a 3rd or 4th option at that SF / Stretch 4 position in Free Agency. Reasonable contract though nothing crazy at all.

The thing about going to Dallas for him is that we have seen his game grow from a play making and creating his own shot perspective which we need. Good back 3rd or 4th back up plan when KD declines our offer.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

Conley, Harden, Durant, Horford, Dwight would be a nastier team.

5. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I am indeed. If the player improves our team, I don't really care who it is. And right now, Parsons would improve our team over Ariza since they both aren't that good at defense.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The needs of the org outweigh the butt hurt of the weak minded.

:)

DD

7. valorita

valorita Member

only if he takes the vet min salary since he owes the team one year minimum

8. Codman

Codman Member

I like Chandler, but I like the idea of keeping part of a core together. Trevor's been great for the Rockets every year that he's been here (The second time around). Even when his shot isn't going in, he gives you hustle, heart and defense regardless of the score and issues surrounding the team. His contract is more than fair. I hope the Rockets keep him around.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Cod, Ariza is part of the #Glue. ;)

For the record, I have no problem with Chandler and would be fine with him coming back. But he wouldn't be my first choice addition if we are kicking cans down the road.

[​IMG]

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Just for the record getting Chandler is not the same as kicking cans down the road, that would be trading for a draft pick......come on...if you are trying to make fun, at least try to get the context correct.

SHEESH !

DD

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

Most tradeable contract outside of Harden? Doesn't get past draft night as a Rocket if they chase to get under the tax?

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

lol. :grin: new sig material. thx.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

Parson only makes sense if he can play the 4, but I doubt he will come here when L.A. is reportedly interested in him. He is just saying Houston to drive up his value.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

Getting Parsons back wouldn't be the end of the world. Nice fit with Harden

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Did you come up with that when DMo was traded for a lottery 1st round pick? I'll hang up and take my answer off the air. ;)

#135 Deuce, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  16. hooroo

hooroo Member

Either to drive up his value or to force out Carlisle.

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That was the definition of kicking the can down the road soldier!!

Trading a player that is BETTER than you will get at the draft position you are drafting right now - otherwise we are waiting on that guy to become another DMO.

Can - kicked.

DD

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

i like dmo but he hasn't established himself as a starter in this league.

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yes he has - he started all of last year, he is getting healthier every game.....the 10-14th pick is not going to be a starter for at least a few years.....thus the kicking the can down the road mantra that I am busy edumacating people around these parts with....

DD

20. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Parsons will want too much money. He will only be here if we strike out on a Durant/Harden/? big 3. His ego is too big to take a pay cut and be a glue guy at this point.

I feel like Parsons is heading straight to Orlando or Miami. Pretty boy wants to go home.