1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Chandler Parsons won't rule out return to Houston in free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 7, 2016.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i would go for this, except the injury history is a red flag.

i would rather give a huge offer to barnes and clarkson... then secondary options would be parsons (injuries) and conley (age).

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

how else do you have either one of those?

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we already have enough injured players and poor defenders. plus he's a f'n douche.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You guys need to focus on whether his BASKETBALL skills would help this team, and the obvious answer is YES.

He is averaging 20ppg and 6apg in the last 20 or so games, he is absolutely a borderline 3rd star.

Clearly he is not Durant - but the likelyhood of a Durant coming here is null....and Parsons already fits.

He drives, can pass and can catch and shoot the 3ball - this is Morey's DREAM SF, and we let him walk.

Unless we can get a Draymond Green type of player Parsons would make us better.

AND YOU DON'T ****ING WIN WITH VALUE CONTRACTS!!!!

DD

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

We get it. You don't like white people.

FTR I'm always for a player getting as much money as possible. Sports careers are very short, so gotta cash in.

Now maybe for someone who's been in the league for a long time and just wants to win? Then I could see him taking less. Think, David West. I don't necessarily think it's a great idea, but I can see the logic in it.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The problem?

24th-best team on defense, 8th-best team on offense.

The cure?

Add more expensive offensive players, subtract cheaper defensive players.

DD

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

5 days ago:

[​IMG]

8. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Left Houston so easily.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The defensive issues on this team is not a result of the individual players - last year this was a top 10 defensive team with the same personnel.

I seriously doubt Parsons would come back though. He will get lots and lots of offers.

10. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

No, do not want him on this team anymore. Maybe AB is a better option because he is so cheap right now, and very professional, if we can bring Scola back, that would be great too.

11. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cities getting all clean and spiffy for SB. Not gonna lie...but I'd take Parsons back. This team needs shooters that don't brick when they're wide open and Chandler is money.

12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Is Curry a value contract? Is Duncan? You prefer paying Dwight $25M?

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I wouldn't mind signing Parsons, or Batum or Barnes as long as we can sign one of Horford, Conely or Howard as well.

Parsons and Ariza would be a pretty good 3/4 combo.

14. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

He was a very good player when he was here, and he's only gotten better (since his minute restriction was dropped he's averaging 20 5 & 3.5 with incredible efficiency).

He's been the only player that we've had that was able to take some pressure off Harden. He's not the best case scenario by any means, but I'd take him.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

One thing about CP....going to Dallas and playing with Dirk has helped him improve his shot. That's the kind of thing some fans don't notice and then complain because "Morey let go of a 40% 3PT shooter". Same thing with Kawhi. there's no way he didn't learn a ton of stuff from TD, Manu, TP, Pop...

Can you imagine Capela going against a prime- Dream every day in practice?

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i thought he was helping us by signign max contracts with dallas? him, wes, dirk helping the league with big ass contracts so the mavs cant sign anyone else.

i wouldnt mind him back though as a 6th man. i want this team to be good again, that means using ariza wisely and not overplaying him

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Did he remember how to play defense while i Dallas

I'll have rookie Parsons back please

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

For 15 million a year it would be easy for me to leave Houston too. I'd leave for less, a lot less.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Screw Parsons. Douche.

1 person likes this.
  20. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Loved Parsons but we aren't winning anything with him starting. It's either Durant or Batum and then potentially Barnes.