1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Replacing Von Wafer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TManiAC, Jul 28, 2009.

1. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Celtics and Pacers looking for a third team to take Tony Allen

Tony Allen would be nice next to Aaron Brooks and Trevor Ariza. He's athletic, can defend the perimeter and can occasionally knock down a shot. He is expiring after the season.

I would also see if Desmond Mason is willing to take a big cut and come to Houston.

2. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

the last time I checked, we have White, Budinger and Taylor fight for one roster spot. I say we are set there.

3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Allen better defender than anyone of the rookies.

4. Jayou

Jayou Member

He also excels at breakaway dunks after the whistle is blown.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Le8rMnL56w8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Le8rMnL56w8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

+1

But you have to say that a lot of players do things like, but he was unlucky.

6. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

LOL owned , he miss the dunk too.

7. Seth

Seth Member

Replace who??

Now that Yao is done for the season Morey and Les are too busy rearranging their finances to care about the Rox.

We will call someone from D-League or something.

If anything, the simple way would be resigning Wafer.

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

[​IMG]

Replaced.

9. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Tony Allen is not a good fit. He's good at defense, but that's IT. We some need offense.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Jilarious! hahaha LMAO!!! :D

11. rocket1710

rocket1710 Member

this one is very simple sign flip murray for the minimum he played for the vet. minimum for the hawks and is still a free agent....... get it done morey

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A2P3HaRWf0U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A2P3HaRWf0U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

12. luisantonio1014

I thought Flip Murray would have been good for the rockets a couple of years back. Could still be pretty good right now, especially cause he can play the point (passes real well and can dribble).

13. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

hey flip does have game

14. kevolution

kevolution Member

Eh.. Flip Murray is more of a scoring guard. He reminds me of Mike James.. chucks a lot of shots and won't be shy chucking away.

15. luisantonio1014

Yea he's a combo guard, but much better than Mike James in my opinion. Yea he shoots a bit much, but they are better quality shots, unlike Mike James who would shoot while double teamed or not in good position to throw up a shot. Plus he's got size for a guard. James was an undersized shooting guard.

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Flip Murray is not a bad stopgap. He can put up points in a hurry when the team offense isn't clicking and he is pretty efficient at it too. He isn't ancient either so you can pretty much expect him to do what he did last season as far production.

Re: the trio of second rounders we have, good luck but don't hold your breath. I'll bet Budinger is the only one that might crack the rotation and it won't be at SG unless you want to watch a young man get abused to the point of breaking his spirit and this team's chances of winning with him on the court.

If Von goes this team HAS to get a proven SG on the roster or I will assume Morey really is tanking the season.

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tony allen can't score worth a lick, though he actually wants to play defense.

flip murray, eh

18. komac

komac Member

Hey Flip is looking really good out there. I think it sure won't hurt the Rockets to have him.

19. justafriend

justafriend Member

We should get that Von Wafer guy to replace Von Wafer. Don't think he's been signed yet. If we don't, there's no point in adding salary for a below average player like Allen, just give the rookies playing time.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

Has he been signed; I have seen nothing about that?