1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Repeatedly Biting Cheeks, Tongue or Lips While Chewing Food - Sign of Aging?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, Sep 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ling ling

ling ling Member

I just think that you should turn up the thermostat in your restaurant. The girls have clearly not covered up.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Isn't that a sign of dry mouth or something? Drink more water.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, one person experiences something similar and you are now convinced it has something to do with aging? I hang out with 'old' people all of the time. Not a single one has ever mentioned that they repeatedly bite the inside of their mouth.

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

This is not a surprising development; your posting history suggests that you should not walk when you chew bubblegum.

2 people like this.
  5. Mr. Brightside

Adventures of hotballa would make a good webcomic.

6. Poloshirtbandit

Could be. I used to have a similar problem, started drinking more water and hasn't happened since.

7. BamBam

BamBam Member

Breh, quarantine yourself IMMEDIATELY!!!

This is the first sign of cannibalism!!! :eek:

[​IMG]

8. txppratt

txppratt Member

it could be that your teeth are moving... ever so slightly.

i have braces (36) and since my teeth began to shift i've had to re-learn to bite because i was biting me cheek and lips. it doesn't take much -

maybe yours are shifting on their own - as we get older and our gums recede and our teeth can shift.

9. firecat

firecat Member

I've gone through the same thing for about two years. I'm 41 and it's been pretty bad. Usually my tongue which bleeds a lot. Once was so bad that I should have went in for stitches and now I have a pretty bad scar that freaked out my dentist. I couldn't find any info about other people having the same issue so it's good to see that other people have the problem. I was afraid that it was some kind of neurological issue.

It's much better now because I rarely bite down all the way on my food because I'm scared of biting myself.

Best advice is to train yourself to slow down your chewing. Once you bite a spot it will get inflamed and then increase your chances of biting the same spot again. Good luck!

10. Freik

Freik Member

Happens to me (33), but it usually happens when my wisdom teeth hurt and my mouth swells.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Come on... Retirement cafeteria floors are hard tile to make blood clean up easier from the advanced cheek biters. As I said, at Picadillys I witnessed a 75 year old man repeatedly bite his cheek down to the bone. Half his face was gone after trying to eat soup.

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Did you think you weren't getting any older?

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

One guy told me his left side looked like that from Nam. Now I think it's all suspect considering the fear in his eyes every time he took a bite to eat.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

As you grow older fat accumulates in your Jowls making it easier to bite the inside of your mouth.

15. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Yes I've definitely slowed down my chewing. It's annoying as hell though. Glad (and sad) to see I am not the only one

16. Mr. Brightside

hey man, slow your roll.

17. cebu

cebu Member

sign of epilepsy.

18. mateo

mateo Member

I'm 44. Most of my coworkers are between 25 and 55 workwise. I'm at a Labor Day BBQ and brought this up and no one (out of the 30 people there) had ever experienced this.

So...after discussion, we decided that its not aging.

You are just a zombie. Sorry.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I bit a lot of tongue in the childhood years so it is either that or a geriartric thing