1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rep for self-criticism thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mathloom, Sep 4, 2012.

1. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Will you take time from your desperate search for trannies just to find me?

I don't think you'd actually do that. Every second searching for me is a second you won't be able to spend with trannies.

Everyone knows that esteban loves trannies too much to let something like that happen.

2. jocar

jocar Member

I'm a perfectionist to a fault, and a workoholic who feels the job is never complete.

Did I get the job?

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I finally got one. I really try to be patient with people's religious beliefs but sometimes I just find it so ridiculous that it's hard for me to respect it. I try to ignore the stupid things that are said and focus on the good deeds that are done but boy it is hard.

4. Classic

Classic Member

[​IMG]

5. CometsWin

Yeah, trying it.

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Have you tried prayer?

Open your Bible and turn to Matthew Chapter 6 verse 9...

It's good for the soul.:grin:

7. Burko

Burko Member

I don't take it easy on chanks, i just cross those suckas up bra.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Start asking them paradoxical questions. Keep drilling until it's painful for both of you. Maintain the emotion card until they use it, and keep the debate non-personal with hypothetical other people.

It's ended religious proselytizing with my peers 9 times out of 10. I've learned many things from them and I hope they have from me. Relationships are operational too.

1 person likes this.
  9. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Thanks for admitting it. :)

10. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

My self critcism is that I can't help but to think that race has something to do with the insane amount of hatred toward Obama. I have no concrete evidence that this is the case but still believe that Obama would be scrutinized more fairly if he was not half black. The "take back OUR country" rhetoric really prevents me from accepting some of the criticism and backlash (mostly tea party types) as legit.

I try to be as objective as possible (except with people like basso, bigtexxx, T_J, etc) when looking at the other side. But these days it seems my criticism of the opposite is more subjective now days.

1 person likes this.
  11. CometsWin

I'm Buddhist so I'm much more about improving myself through practice and discipline than prayer. I'm saving my own soul.

12. CometsWin

Good avice, thanks.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I am too much of a beaner sometimes.

14. David Stern

David Stern Member

First step to recovery is admitting your faults

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

True story.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Whoever smelt it, dealt it.

Choose wisely...

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't believe that most of the hatred of Obama by the right wing is racist but there is small percentage of it that is and a percentage of the right wing that plays fast and loose with racism. While many right wingers hated the Clintons with a passion there is something qualitatively different in some of the attacks towards Obama. I don't see how making Obama look like some sort of voodoo priest or African chieftain can be construed as anything but racism.
    [​IMG]
    Even the continued insistence by some Obama opponents that he is actually is a Muslim out to impose Sharia law on the US is racist in nature. I saw a guy at Kinko's the other day wearing a shirt saying "Protect America; Defeat the Wahabist President!"
    [​IMG]

The Clintons were called out sort of terrible things but I can't recall them ever being villified the same way Obama is. Just to be clear again I don't think the vast majority of antagonism towards Obama is racist but it is undeniable some of it is.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Back on topic. My own self-criticism is that I am often pedantic (like using the word "pedantic") and sometimes try to be a nanny to the board. I've gotten better about doing that though.

Also my dyslexia and atrocious typing kicks in every now and then and I am often embarrassed re-reading my posts. Thank you EDIT function!

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am very critical of the Rockets (management, owner, and the players).

However, the criticism is warranted when you look at what they have accomplished, or more appropriately, not accomplished, in the past 10+ years.

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'm too judgemental.

When I get mad, I shout racial slurs.

I have a horrible temper.

I have terrible mood swings.

I'm overly sensitive.

I'm too effeminate.

I'm a bit of a misogynist.

I worry too much.

I'm a slacker.