1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rental Cars] Gives me the car 5/8 full, tells me to return it 5/8 full

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by s land balla, Jul 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Does this annoy anyone else? Seems like most people in this situation end up overpaying.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Enterprise fills it up to its original level for you at a price less than what you would pay at a gas station. They then just charge the card you have on file.

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Do you guys have Zipcar or some other type of short-term rental? Unlimited gas (they even give you a card to use at gas stations if you need to fill up).

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This is new. I rented from them 2-3 times a month for work a while back. Thier cost to put gas in a car was like $2 more than what it cost at the pump.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

brother go all math whiz on them.

note miles driven. figure out the cars average MPG from the interwebs. then fill up the exact amount you would use based on that. 3.2 gallons it is....

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

It doesn't really annoy me. Then again I fill premium in my rental cars. I demand excellence in all factors of life.

7. body slam

body slam Member

why not just fill it up?

8. jsingles

jsingles Member

Happened to me a few years back when I was out of town. It was about 3/4ths full, I let them know, they said it was fine just return it with that much. I returned it, they charged me their highly inflated price. As soon as I tell them I'm not paying for the gas they fixed it right up without discussion.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Interesting. Maybe that's a policy determined by each location. The one in Sugar Land did this for me a few times.

10. Asian Sensation

Wait... Aren't u the supplier?

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Assume the car is at 5/8 when you get it and you drive it down to 1/8. Why should you fill it to 8/8? In that instance you are giving the rental car company 3/8 of a tank of gas.

12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Anyone use EZ? I've had good experiences - at first I thought I'd get ripped by a low budget rental company.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Expected What.

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I used them when I went to Orlando back in '06, no issues at all.

When i rent a car now, I just use the cheapest one through my Costco membership.

Last March, I used Budget, and they basically let me pick a car that wasn't in the "class", I rented Economy but they let me pick any car that up to Full Size sedan, so I picked Hyundai Sonata.

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Have you ever rented one for multiple days and had them sell it out from under you? Have you ever rented one for one day and had them sell it out from under you while driving from the facility?

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Isn't that the pre-paid fuel plan, where you buy everything in the tank at the time of rental? That only pays off if you use all the original gas during a rental.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

When they did it for me the car started out as filled up. They gave me the option to fill it back up myself or they would fill it up for me a $X/gallon, which every time they made me that offer it was less than the normal going rate for a gallon. The first time they offered it I turned it down, thinking I must have understood them incorrectly or there was some other way they were screwing me. But, they weren't; they were actually giving me a good deal. I took the offer the next few times they made it.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Avoid Payless Car Rental like the plague. I'm staying for away from Hotwire from now on. Their hotels fees are higher than Priceline too.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Go Green and use mass public transportation. Meet new people and help rid toxins from my planet, your planet, our planet.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You can also meet cops when the driver stops the bus to remove the schizo who was muttering "mother****a" to herself until someone mistakenly thought she was speaking to them and started arguing with her.