1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

REMEMBER WHY YOU PLAYED

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Dec 15, 2008.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ don't fabricate statistics and compare him to brain tumor, its just not that simple.
    If the Artest analogy doesn't tell you that a player can turn from "cancer" to one of the single most important aspects to a team, then let me introduce Exhibits B1 and 2. Rasheed Wallace and T-MAC. Remember people, at one point in time, these two were not exactly considered guys who played for the good of the team.
    They didn't respect their coaches nor did they respect their team (not to mention fans...TMAC!). Its really hard to understand what it would take for a player to totally give up on their team and become so much of an ass as to give a negative effort (become a cancer). But I do know that one of our current stars has come from that and turned a page.
    Give the guy a chance, we know Adleman has a pacifying and diffusing presence on the team, as is seen from his experience with Artest.

I honestly believe that all these "cancers", regardless of the sport, can become productive members of teams. They just have unique needs. Randy Moss is one of the most dynamic WR's in the history of the NFL, yet pre-Patriots he had a completely negative influence on a team's chemistry. All he needed was a QB he could respect and one that actually had better skills than him.

Yeah, I'm not going to be ignorant of the fact that he can be Latrell Sprewell, but I do not believe Morey will ever let something like that happen. We'll play our cards right, with the appropriate safeguards and we'll be ok...with the possibility of becoming the scariest team in the West!