1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remember this Day Time Capsule July 13th Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaonlyLA, Jul 13, 2014.

1. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I think Ariza will make Rockets fans forget about Parsons and will come up with some big defensive plays next season. We will be 5 or 6 seed and see us into the second round. Depending on what we add will see if they make it past a hard Western Conference. All I know is if I can live with the idea of not having Luis as a Rocket, I can damn sure live with Parsons not as a Rocket. (Luis will always be a Rocket in my heart). My favorite player of all time.

2. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

Great...my b-day is a day that will live on in infamy.

3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Believe it or not, I'm not too worried about Ariza, Howard, Harden, or even T. Jones- although if he doesn't improve this year, then he definitely needs to be a backup. I think the Rockets need to put Beverly as a backup and have a solid starting point guard. Unless Bev gets better, he's more of a backup to me, regardless of how good his defense is. He has to be a better playmaker, IMO.

Guys, look at what Battier said last year. He noted that Miami wasn't in the top 10 defensively. No team has won a championship without being in the top 10 defensively. That's what we need. Ariza brings that over Parsons. Parsons is a terrific player, but he didn't bring it in the playoffs, period. Our season last year ended up the same as the year before - 6 games into the first round, and we're out. So, losing Asik, Lin, and Parsons isn't by itself a lost season. Let's see what we get before the season starts.

And please bring in a defensive-minded AC or replace McHale if we flame out again. Dallas, on paper, looks like a better team- but they're heading for a first round exit as well with that lineup.

4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am most concerned about Howard and Harden: How do they improve? How much better is Harden getting this offseason?

The rest is team building. I care more about putting the right fits around those two guys than anything else.

If Harden doesn't keep improving, the Rockets have already lost.

5. Possum

Possum Member

me too! We will make a big trade at the deadline and be better than ever.

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I don't think I have ever seen a positive post from you.

7. opticon

opticon Member

They are more similar then you realize both moves where about saving money and preserving cap flexibility.

8. Valio!

Valio! Member

I'm going to laugh looking back at this after we win the championship this year.

9. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I'm in. I believe when all is said and done, we will do better than last year.

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

#rednation forever no matter what

11. conquistador#11

49 wins and 9th place in the west, either the mavs of lakers knock us out with 8 games to go. Ever since Sampson's no need for "democratic" ball comment in november of 2012, I've been worrying what kind of TEAM this "team" will eventually become. I'm scared.

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

infamy indeed

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

In Morey I trust...but he damn sure isn't perfect.

14. rocketsmetalspd

I am all in always for my beloved Houston Rockets! I have been a fan since 1979 when I was a 15 year old Heavy Metal freak(still am). I have seen lots of bad, good, and great times through the Life long ride that is being a fanatic of 1 basketball team. I can't wait to once again see H-Town become the NBA Champs!! \m/ Defender of The Faith(Rockets!)

15. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

No.

I am a Rockets fan and have been my whole life. That doesn't mean I am delusional and blind to how bad this off-season was and how I believe the Dwight years will be wasted (when you compare with championship goals) and likely over in 2016.

I will cheer for them, but I think we will struggle to make the playoffs and be somewhere around 52 wins and the 6th seed at best and likely out in the 1st round. And that is if we are as lucky with Howard, Harden, Ariza (vs Parsons) and Jones as we were last year in regards to games missed.

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Woo Pig Sooie!!! Let's go Razorbacks! Err...Rockets! Being an Arkansas Razorbacks (football) fan and a Houston Rockets fan are one in the same. We'll have stretches where we look elite and then a boneheaded decision comes along or an unfortunate accident strikes and we miss out on all the marbles. No matter what, I'm a fan through-and-through and if we pick 14th in the draft for the next 20 years I'll still be cheering on my Rockets at the start of that 21st season.

17. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

You think we will trade Ariza? That is the only way we will be able to add anyone making more than $8.375M.

18. Abadfish

Abadfish Member

I predict Ariza will surprise us all and be a better fit for us. We win a chip following a trade we didn't see coming and question but once again shows us DM is the man in the long run. Like he always does. Read so many angry posts about bad things he did that turned out to be awesome.

19. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I Don't believe Morey is close to being finished improving the team for this season.

Onto the MLE

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Harden and Howard are not going to pout while a year of their prime goes by. They will ball. Harden will mature. Ariza is mature. Jones and D-Mo will be better. Rox will make it out of the first round.

There will be approximately 5000 posts blaming McFail/Milk Hair for miscellaneous whatever.

Over 50% of posts on CF will be negative about the Rockets players and organization.

Posters will be more emo than ever. The percentage of b****ing will not change even though the LOF's are gone.

Book it!