1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remember me?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mattj, Jul 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

This thread is still here?

2. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Yeah, Battier and Hayes are probably two of the best players in the league at drawing legit charges. The difference between those two and Pryzbilla is that the latter falls rather easily while guarding Yao in the post, and the former step in front of players slashing to the basket, on fast breaks, or in mid-air. That doesn't mean they never exaggerate but when it happens it is certainly an exception to the rule.

However, I can't say the same about Scola. He is probably the biggest culprit on the Rockets when it comes to the flop. The bottom line is that every team has players that 'sell' calls during the game. McGrady likes to yell/scream everytime he drives to the basket. I think that has less to do with the actual contact while going to the basket than it does 'selling' the refs on the contact they see.

I guarantee those who don't want Pryzbilla because he 'flops' will be the first ones screaming at the refs when he's taking a 'charge' in a Rockets uniform.

3. TmacIsBack

TmacIsBack Member

wouldnt mind having joel as a backup.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Not to be lazy but my browser is slow: is there anything to see here, is it too early to tell or is this just bogus speculation?

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

bogus speculation, not worth reading

6. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

26 pages for nothing Matt??? :mad:

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Nesterovic is older, slower, stiffer...he's got more offense, but that's not saying a lot...

Joel is a solid center, center is our biggest problem, looks like a solution to a problem to me..

if we hadn't drafted a sg and a sf and then gone out and signed a SF with hopes of giving him big minutes, then i'd agree losing shane doesn't make us better...but with those guys possibly adding depth at the 2/3 and the team still having a big hole at center, then it seems logical to cut back on some of that depth to fill the center spot.

8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

To be fair to Matt, he only told the board to pay attention to Paul Millsap's situation. He never hinted at what the trade would be, or that a deal is already near completion provided Portland gets Millsap.

Now, he should have been aware that in general the board would overreact and assume the vague message means Pryzbilla is coming here soon. That said, it would serve many people here a lot of good if they wouldn't take every post from local insiders as the gospel, regardless of whether it's Matt Jackson, Doc Rocket, etc.

9. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Scola sucks!!!!!!!!!! :)

10. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Not to sound above it because I'm not, but this thread is hilarious on so many levels.

11. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Please ban this fool now.... :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

12. declan32001

declan32001 Member

It is. But I never thought this bbs would get punked by a hardcore Rockets fan whose identity is well-known.

And if you listened to Matt and Rich long enough you heard about Feigen's gaffe, how hard it was to keep up with breaking news, and several examples of info "out there" going wrong.

Matt introduced the Jackass format here to those that conspicuously avoid it. By tomorrow he'll ignore that he thought Battier for Pryzbilla straight up was a good deal.

13. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

This guy can be had for Barry and Hayes and some fillers, but I don't think there would be any need to get him if Amare came to Houston through another trade.

14. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Here is a possible trade we could do

Rockets Get:

Przybilla
    Amare
    J-Rich

Suns Get:

Rudy Fernandez
    Landry
    T-mac

Portland Gets:

Brain Cook
    Barbosa

I like this A LOT!!!! :D :D :D

15. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Get the GMs of Portland and Phoenix drunk and you might have a deal. Wait, Kerr in Phoenix, Get the GM of Portland drunk and you will have a deal. :D

16. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

Give J-rich and landry to Portland and Barbosa to us and it may work....
    Brian Cook kills this deal though...

17. \/|()L/\T()R

\/|()L/\T()R Member

It really depends on what you find to be of interest.

Random speculation...
    Isolated jokes pertaining to body parts...
    Sexual situations expressed in a cloaked, yet decipherable message...
    People who listen to a radio show, but hate one, possibly 2 or more people on said radio show...but still listen, simply because they hate someone on the show...

I find it intriguing, arousing, and downright dirty, in that wholesome and pure Family Guy kinda way.

18. blender

blender Member

I'm glad this turned out to be only speculation.

Pryzbilla's not a bad center but I'd rather get someone younger (Pryzbilla's 30) who can develop with a young core that Morey seems to be intent on building. Which is why I thought targeting Gortat made more sense.

Pryzbilla, I feel, would be mostly a stopgap measure for Yao being out and he's too expensive for that, especially if he ends up costing the team Battier.

19. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

get Ryan Anderson

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

This thread is a microcosm of Clutchfans.

1.rabid fandom, overly fixated on the details of an NBA basketball team.
    (Not that's bad, it's fine. It just shows how much time and interest some people have and are willing to invest)

2.the practical utilization of cutting edge information technology to gather, share and refine ideas. "Vitual' friends, that I spend more time with than reality friends.
    (the wave of the future my friends)

3. Peer review to define a commonly accepted 'moral' code.
    (it's group politics on a basic level, all races religions, countries bound by common interest, developing rules of accepted behavior and human interaction)

Really, I killed a whole day on it yesterday, just as happy as a clam; nothing I would have rather been doing given it's 110 degrees outside and my work is over for the summer. I was thoroughly entertained and that's about all I can ask for out of life.

(and it's free! except for an occasional tip jar donation because no one wants me to type without an edit function)