1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remember me?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mattj, Jul 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Pretty much lol I personally dont see Battier for Flopzilla straight up its got to include more pieces. Battier is to valuable to a championship team!

2. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

We're hungry dogs

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Illegal Machine

They caught Scola "exaggerating" the charge in that pic.

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

ESPN is reporting that there could be a 3 way deal going with the Blazers, Jazz, and Bulls with Boozer going to Bulls, Hinrich going to Blazers, and Tyrus Thomas going to the Jazz. This would also mean that the Jazz plan on keeping Millsap. :(

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Yahoo is saying there is no truth to the rumor and niether the Bulls or the Jazz have talked about this deal.

6. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Why are people so obsessed with Millsap? he is not going to play for the MLE and the Jazz are never going to trade him to us, WE WON'T GET MILLSAP!

7. VictorB

VictorB Member

This was the worst speculation. I can't believe Matt thought that this was a good deal. Your theory was weak. Just because the contracts match doesn't mean squat.

If this deal goes down we are getting hosed. Shane has so much more value to a contending team than Joel does to any other team (even those needing a center). If Joel is the best we can get for Shane then we don't trade Shane. If next year doesn't matter, then why make a trade that makes your team worse for the next 2 years?

Joel has a player option after next year and he will more than likely pick it up. I'd rather have Shane for 2 more years than a flopping center who really is not as effective as what we can put out now.

Does having Joel on our team make us better than having Shane?

8. BrooksnLowry

BrooksnLowry Member

Please do not trade Shane for Pryz...

thanks

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

. We're not a championship team anymore. As much as i like having shane and as much as i think he's a great player to have, he may be the odd man out now. I always wanted to keep him at all costs, assuming we were still building around yao and tracy.....that seems less likely as days go by......the way this team is buing built now we may end up underusing shane, what's the point of having him if we're not going to use him to the fullest? Surely Ariza will cut into his minutes, and budinger and/or taylor may as well.

Przybilla isn't as bad as some people think. He may not have the same IQ as shane, but he play a similar role at the center spot. With starter's minutes he can definitely get 10+ rebounds a game, possibly 12 +, along with a couple blocked shots. He also sets picks very well, even if some are illegal. We need a solid center more than we need shane on our team right now. That may be the only way we can get one....

what pisses me off is that we'll be making portlan better and everyone else is also getting better :mad:

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

yeah so, did you read the thread?

11. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

lol, such a sweet kid...

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

OK, I just read through the whole thread and after mulling over all the proposed trades, I have a question...

What do people have against Outlaw and why do so many want to banish him to the hellhole of Utah?

13. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Of course not, i don't have time to read 25 pages of pointless speculation.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Did you have time to read the first post?

15. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Yeah, a rumor about Joel Pryz, so why do people keep bring up Millsap?

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

If you cant tell the difference between a flop and a legit charge...............

at least that tells me you arent worth listening to as far as basketball goes.

again..... charge != flop

and for the slow....!= is shorthand for Does NOT Equal

because if Portland lands Milsap like they want, it makes Pryzbilla disposable.

17. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Right sorry i misunderstood, i thought people were still going on about signing Millsap with the MLE like in the other threads

18. kegray34

kegray34 Contributing Member

So how does Joel P solve any problems??
    He fouls more times than Oden. Joel never logged tons of minutes and giving up Battier straight up doesn't make this team any better.
    Nesterovic is a FA and just as good an option as Joel P.

19. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

so i guess next year's battle plan is FLOP

20. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Oh God, please no.