1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remember me?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mattj, Jul 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rocket3forlife2

He just said remember me that's it.He might just be pulling you guys leg.

2. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

I haven't read through the entire thread... but I really, really hope we don't get this guy. I sat courtside at two Blazers games last season and was pretty harsh on the guy (with good reason). I'd hate to have to apologize just because he becomes a Rocket. :(

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

If you let Joel Przybilla or anything related to him alter your life or daily routine in any way, shape, or form...you need to re-evaluate things.

4. Mack Tripper

Mack Tripper Member

Matt Jackson = LOOK AT ME EVERYONE!!!11!One!

5. bladebucket05

bladebucket05 Member

new hear. but just had to say all this sounds ridicules knowing that t-mac , yes i said it will play out the season and carrie us on his acking back into the playoffs.

MARk IT DOWN!

1 TIME BELIEVE IN MAC, MAN!

6. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

[​IMG]

7. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

nothing personal but this kind of pisses me off.

when someone, whether it be a personality like Matt, or one of the posters here, or anyone has inside information, they CLEARLY cannot go around telling us the secrets of the organization. all they can do is point us at things and say "this is something you might want to pay attention to". its also entirely possible that in the 5 minutes after Matt posted this that the situation changed, and a new deal took priority or a new conversation began. things move THAT quickly in NBA front offices. all it takes is one phone call to completely change the Rockets Front Office's plan of attack.

if you want to question Matt based on the fact that you don't know what to do with a picture of Joel Przybilla, then i don't know what to say.

8. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

No.

No, again.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

ROFL

I don't know how quickly things move in NBA front offices, but I can promise you that information doesn't move that quickly from an NBA front office to a local radio host. If this team had something up their sleeves for Priz, got a phone call that killed it, and immediately tipped off Matt Jackson that there was no deal then this team sucks.

Matt was speculating that Priz might be someone the Rox were interested in. He started a thread on here hinting at that and got a lot of attention and got people to listen to the show. He went on the air and basically speculated blindly about Priz being a good fit and someone who could potentially be available.

Him doing that is lame, and I knew it's what he was doing. He's not a normal poster on here because people know who he is. If he wants to start a thread that is just speculation he should state that is what he is doing, instead of acting cryptic like maybe he knows something maybe he doesn't just to get a good laugh.

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

TIME TO INVEST IN A DICTIONARY, MAN!

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I'm guessing today must have been the Arbitron Rating day for the summer ad rates.

It's how he feeds his family.

12. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Fine. But if Matt had some info, posts it here and the situation changes he should at least post that here, in his own thread.

Instead he gets on the air and says "it's just my speculation" and irritated the hell out me - and I listen to him everyday.

There are a lot of threads here that are speculative but have sound reason and are worth discussing and this could have been one of them (even though it's beeen tossed around here).

But he comes up with a lame thread title trading on his "celebrity" and watches us squirm for a couple of hours. He knows better, and this bbs deserves more respect than that.

He needs to just stay all atwitter as far as I'm concerned.

13. mic

mic Contributing Member

I could tell from the title of this this thread that it would be nothing more than a huge tease.

But I clicked anyway. Lame.

14. Dubious

You know what wouldn't be lame? Using all the connections you get with the free tickets to actually get a hint about something that might be really happening; post a cryptic picture, get everyone to listen and then give some information that the casual fan might not know.

At the same time this 'nothing' was going on, 1560 played a tape of Crazy Pills on the radio in LA. Now that was entertainment.

15. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

This is an absolutely classic post right here. Thank you for making my day!

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

17. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

You guys ripping on Matt should probably with hold judgement for at least a while. People like you discourage people with inside info from posting.

18. Dubious

If you don't let The Houston Rockets or anything related to Them alter your life or daily routine in some way, shape, or form...you need to re-evaluate things.

mo'betta now

19. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

So why weren't you guys this angry with clutch when he posted that he suspected we were going after Amare? It was just a suspicision based on what he said in the thread, and nobody claimed that they were angry and that clutch wasted a part of their day and disrupted their daily routine.

Serisouly, some of you need to "step away from the keyboard" for a moment.

20. Dubious

Cause we'd get banned.

Matt can't ban me.

And, Clutch owns and runs his own site, it's his own risks and rewards.

Clear Channel single handedly killed the radio industry in this country. They are the anti-christ of entertainment.

And, we enjoyed having Matt as a member/participant on the board but this feels a little 'whored out'. Though I admit, it killed and afternoon for me.

He probably should have just posted" I've got this idea I'm going to talk about, ya'll listen and call in and comment. Done. The peek-aboo was bush league.

#420 Dubious, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009