1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remeber that basketball player on MTV true life?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by wizkid83, Feb 20, 2005.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

With Amare getting all this attention lately, I started to think about that high school basket ball player on MTV true life a while back. For those that never seen the show, MTV followed this other high school basketball player, who was probably even more arrogant than Amare, that when they were playing the high school all star game tried to show Amare up. He then talked a little smack after the game on camera. He decided not to go college and go straight to the NBA.

Leading up to the draft, he kept saying stuff like "Money isn't gonna change me, I don't think" and "a month from now, I'm gonna be living out my dream, how many people can say that?". He then proceed to go undrafted and it was alittle sad to see him watching Amare accepting the rookie of the year award. I'm just wondering if any body remember who this kid is and hows he doing out of curiosity.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I bought a burger from that guy at Whataburger.

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

DeAngelo Collins 6-9 230 PF Inglewood CA HS Senior

went undrafted as I recall. Kam knows where to find him

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I remember Bob Ley did an Outside the Lines special on that kid right before the draft. I know a lot of people don't like Amare, but please don't put Amare in DeAngelo's class of ignorance. I have never hoped a kid wouldn't get drafted but after watching the Outside the Lines I was pleased he was passed on.

One particular story I remember, his coach took him in after having some problems at home and he rewards the coach by beating the crap out of the coaches son one day.

5. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

6. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I ran a google news search on that name and got this
    -------------------
    EIJING (CBA) - Runaway South Division leaders Jiangsu collected their 31st league win of the season by beating cellar-dweller Fujian 115-97 in the China Basketball Association Round 35 action.

Hu Weidong top-scored for Jiangsu with 30 points, all from outside the arc.

Gong Songlin had 34 points and five rebounds for Fujian, who slumped to their 27th league defeat.

Second-placed Guandong won 101-92 on the road at second-bottom Zhejiang with Zhu Fangyu pouring in 35 points and grabbing eight rebounds.

Zhou Xin and Soumaila Samake both scored 25 points - more than half their team's total.

Yunnan, fourth in the Southern Division, beat fifth-placed Shanghai 112-92 with Xiao Weiguo and DeAngelo Collins both landing 32 points. Jia Nan made 10 assists.

Shanghai's Liu Wei had 20 points and grabbed nine rebounds while Davor Pejcinovic had five blocks.

Liaoning's Wesley Wilson (30 points and 17 rebounds) and Henan's Darrell Johns (30 points and 16 rebounds) provided the individual highlights in the top versus bottom tussle in the North Division.

But the match went well and truly to form with leaders Liaoning thrashing Henan 113-88.

It was Liaoning's 25th win of the season - and Henan's 24th loss.

Second-placed Beijing beat Shandong 108-87 with Mengke Bateer scoring 25 points and grabbing 14 rebounds.

Shandong's Darrell Tucker impressed with 23 points and nine rebounds.

Jilin (17-17 for the season) beat fifth-placed Shanxi 116-111 with Roderick Gregoire scoring the most points for the week (36) and grabbing 13 rebounds.

Joseph Garth had 33 points and an amazing 30 rebounds in reply.

guess he plays in China or something

7. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I remember this name. Mark Cuban once said he would bring this guy over here to be the 'Yao stopper'. Obviously he haven't done what he said. :)

8. slickvik69

slickvik69 Contributing Member

No name is better than the self-proclaimed Kobe stopper: Ruben Patterson.