1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remaining Schedule Strength and Our Rosy Future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Mar 2, 2021.

  1. apollo33

    apollo33 Member

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2009
    Messages:
    16,425
    Likes Received:
    8,817
    Equally likely outcome
     
  2. jim1961

    jim1961 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2010
    Messages:
    11,377
    Likes Received:
    4,272
    How Rosy our future is depends (in large part) on how bleak the Nets is.
     
    topfive likes this.
  3. Roc Paint

    Roc Paint Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2001
    Messages:
    18,724
    Likes Received:
    9,272
    The Houston Rockets are going to surprise a lot of people around here within the next couple of years
     
    sydmill likes this.
  4. jim1961

    jim1961 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2010
    Messages:
    11,377
    Likes Received:
    4,272
    I think many are already surprised.
     
    topfive likes this.
  5. Roc Paint

    Roc Paint Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2001
    Messages:
    18,724
    Likes Received:
    9,272
    As far as these current times I’m just hoping I don’t end up with permanent brain damage
     
  6. jim1961

    jim1961 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2010
    Messages:
    11,377
    Likes Received:
    4,272
    It may already be too late.
     
  7. Swapshop

    Swapshop Member

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2016
    Messages:
    2,962
    Likes Received:
    3,142
    [Insert funny tank meme here]
     
  8. danoman

    danoman Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2009
    Messages:
    2,537
    Likes Received:
    434
    We need to tank for the number 1 pick we need some cushion for the lottery in case we slide down a pick or two. I’d hate to get the number 4 pick and slide down to the 5th pick.
     
  9. sydmill

    sydmill Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2002
    Messages:
    1,243
    Likes Received:
    607

    The tank just requires that the Rockets stay in the bottom 3. Each of the bottom 3 teams have identical odds at landing a pick between 1-4 (52% likelihood). If the Rockets fall out of the top 3 then their chances go down (4th is 48%, 5th is 42%, 6th is 37%, 7th is 32%, on and on and on). Of course, if they do not land a top 4 pick then their pick is conveyed to OKC.
     
    Joe Rocket, saleem and withmustard like this.

Share This Page

  • About ClutchFans

    Since 1996, ClutchFans has been loud and proud covering the Houston Rockets, helping set an industry standard for team fan sites. The forums have been a home for Houston sports fans as well as basketball fanatics around the globe.

  • Support ClutchFans!

    If you find that ClutchFans is a valuable resource for you, please consider becoming a Supporting Member. Supporting Members can upload photos and attachments directly to their posts, customize their user title and more. Gold Supporters see zero ads!


    Upgrade Now