1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

remaining free agents to target

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Jul 13, 2014.

1. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Good thing a certain NYK coach is far from Houston.

2. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

I've been wanting Chuck Hayes. Hope we can get him via trade this season.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

Stuckey, gross.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Still need stretch with Casspi gone so use part of MLE to sign Papanikolaou. Still think we can steal Lance Stephenson to be another playmaker, toughness and another scorer, especially if off the bench.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

nelson or brooks would make a decent pg combo with beverley. maybe luke too if he can still play. he had a good run with the twolves

wesley is the best choice in that list for sf. 3 and d. marion had a random ok year from 3 but couldnt do it in the playoffs, that was a fluke year from 3

take any of those backup center, prefer smith or oneal

6. rocketsmetalspd

Is Birdman a FA? I would go after him since he knows his role of being a solid role player who can rebound and defend.

7. souvlaki

souvlaki Member

Blatche was dismissed from the Nets in the middle of season for being out of shape, and the entire organization questioned his commitment to basketball.
    I watched him on the Wizards for several years, and he is really really frustrating to watch.

8. do work son

do work son Member

i can't stress how furious i am that we didn't target anthony morrow, and that OKC got him for 3 years 10 million.

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I want Jameer Nelson, Shawn Marion or Wesley Johnson and Jason Smith or Jermaine O'Neal.

Jameer is close to Howard and still a good point guard. He can be had pretty cheap or at least reasonable. And getting him might placate Howard.

I've always liked Shawn Marion as we could put him as a 4 at time but Wesley Johnson isn't a bad option. Super athletic, streaky.

And Jason Smith or Jermaine O'Neal would be good options as bench big men. Smith has a great mid range game and O'Neal seems to have gotten new life.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Mike Scott - undersized power forward with range and no d. Perfect fit for our system and fits the bill for Morey 4s

Chris "Birdman" Anderson - great shot blocker who can perform well on big stages. Championship pedigree thanks to LeBron

Jerryd Bayless - if he comes on the cheap can become a very reliable combo guard. Would not over pay for this guy though. I believe without him we're in good hands with Canaan and Bev thats why I wouldn't overpay for any PG

11. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Stuckey, Wes Johnson or bring back Hamilton, Blacthe or Smith or Hollins.

sure Billups could come here if he wanted too

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I did want rivers I feel like he would do better with us.

13. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

We can't .

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

birdman resigned with heat, so did chalmers. just FYI for those suggesting we sign them.

15. Abadfish

Abadfish Member

I approve of this message.

16. faraza84

faraza84 Member

How about Elton brand. He played most of the year and can be a serviceable big body.

17. fattz

fattz Member

Chuck Hayes is RicktheRuler's player not KMV. He is on a silly contact too 6M+ / yr (I think).

Blatche is a nut case at best -- but a talented nut case. Maybe KMH can reach him.

Shawn Marion, Wesley Johnson and Arron Brooks are the savest way to go.

18. fattz

fattz Member

missed Billups on the list

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

My bad. Haven't kept up with any other signings/trades except for ours and the bigger ones that BSPN drill into our eye sockets. :rolleyes:

Then we should go after.... Mr. Kardashian??? JK JK

20. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

I thought since we traded Asik for a S&T Ariza in that 3 team trade, we lose his exception and actually keep Jeremy's, which is much larger? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if so, that goes a long way. 8.4m can net you an Ilyasova vs a 5.3m player