1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

remaining free agents to target

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Jul 13, 2014.

1. MPC

MPC Member

Lance Stephenson.

2. derp

derp Member

Greg Monroe would help shore up the defensive weakness we have at the 4. We might run into a space problem with him and Howard though.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Aminu
    Jason Smith
    Jameer Nelson

4. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

lmao @ Rodney Stuckey. That guy is just a downgraded version of Lance Stephenson.

5. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

brooks, aminu, and okafor if he's healthy (maybe he wants to come home?).

Definitely must all be signed for 2 year deals with Team option on the 2nd year. Reality is, whoever fills up the bench will serve a secondary purpose of being salaries that can be added up to trade for that elusive third star. Right now there is not enough salary to add up to make that happen.

6. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Sad thing is that any signing is going to be looked down upon because it isn't a marquee name.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Brooks, even Okafor, I understand. But how many wings without a shot, never mind a 3 ball, do we need??? Aminu and Gee are similar players so why would Rockets need to sign another former PF transitioning to SF?

Stephenson and a stretch 4 have to be Morey's priorities. Bring in Camby for vet min until preseason cuts.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'd like us go for Stephon Marbury haha

9. houactuar

houactuar Member

okafor, greg monroe RFA, stephenson, ...

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Just read a tweet posted on the dream shake that the Rockets were in the hunt for Monroe. source was DYST Now

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Anthony Randolph may be worth a look, if he's released, as expected. I know, i know, he's trash right now, but he's got the size and athleticism to rebound and block shots. We don't really have that combination behind Howard anymore. It wouldn't hurt to let him spend some time with Dream, Howard, and McHale and see if something will click. He's only 24 still.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Maybe 3 years ago but I think the Anthony Randolph ship has sailed.

13. reliableman

reliableman Member

FYI...I saw Chuckwagon at the airport the morning of the 9th. Told him I hope he was meeting with Morey and I'd love to have him back. He smiled and said thanks.

14. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I just want a shooter, a proven big man, a wing defender and PG insurance.
    Mike Miller, Greg Monroe, Aminu & Brooks would do :)

15. Nook

Nook Member

The Bulls have been trying to move Randolph badly the last few days, they wont release him for financial reasons. You can probably get a few second rounders for him if you take him.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>As the Bulls keep clearing space, I'm told they'll send Anthony Randolph and two second rounders to Orlando. Randolph expected to be waived.</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/488783625878376448">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. txrockfan

txrockfan Contributing Member

This is from a Syracuse newspaper...not sure how good a source it is.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>SOURCE: The Detroit Pistons are actively shopping Josh Smith. Rockets and Pelicans potential suitors. Also can't rule out the Suns.</p>&mdash; DYST Now (@DYST_Now) <a href="https://twitter.com/DYST_Now/statuses/488709676306268162">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>SOURCE: Detroit Pistons are actively working the phone lines. Looking to work a sign &amp; trade w Greg Monroe. Pelicans &amp; Rockets in the hunt.</p>&mdash; DYST Now (@DYST_Now) <a href="https://twitter.com/DYST_Now/statuses/488702197719658496">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

1 person likes this.
  18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If that's true, then Monroe has to come a good price, so that he can still be traded, if we get a shot at someone better within the next year. Likely, it's just going to fizzle because he'll want more money.

19. kiwirocketsfan

Anybody know how much money we have available to offer a RFA?

Is it still worth even considering Monroe, Bledsoe etc or are we down to bargain basement signings?

20. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

LOL @ Josh Smith, guess all those rumours are bs and we are 'potential suitors' because of our cap space more so than anything else. Also it's only teams in the West being mentioned so..