1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Religion of Peace?] CNN Headline News: Mob burns woman alive for *allegedly* burning quran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 21, 2015.

?

What is your opinion?

1. If the woman burned the quran, she deserved what she got

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. If the woman burned the quran, she should have been killed, but by the state, not by a mob

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. If the woman burned the quran, she should have been punished (not killed), but by the state

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. Even if she burned the quran, this is freedom of expression, she should have been left alone

31 vote(s)
    86.1%
  1. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Two generations have only known war, these people have been through so much, really stuck in a barbaric state, sad cause they were doing well until they became a battlefield for other countries to fight in. Didn't know burning the Koran was an issue, thought that's how you get rid of it. Country is a complete mess.

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Whether she burned the Quran or the Bible doesn't matter, she didn't deserve to be murdered! This incident only furthers my belief on how lack of self control can make ANY person do evil things! If someone were to burn the Bible would that make me angry? Angry to the point of murdering someone? No! It definitely would upset me, BUT, I think I would feel pity for that person more than anything else! After all, they are rejecting what I believe would be the best thing that a person can posses, the Word of God!

What bothers me the most after the murder of course, is the statement by their president: "President: Not up to individuals to enforce Islamic justice". He did not denounce the act he only denounced the process! This is not lack of self control, this is just plain ignorance wrapped around a veil of religious piety! If their government is endorsing the act, it's no wonder the people are doing such heinous crimes to one another! Write this up as another tragedy in the annals of mankind!

1 person likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Exactly BamBam. Nice to hear another voice of reason after all this dandorotik nonsense.

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

ATW... saving the world one thread at a time. Keyboard superhero.

:rolleyes:

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/23/asia/afghanistan-woman-killed/index.html
    26 arrests after mob beats, burns Afghan woman

So she got killed by false accusations . wow. I guess the Mullah knew that these people were easily manipulated.

6. trustme

trustme Member

Looks like dandorotik is the new poster on ATW's "fanatical posters" list. Be prepared to be mentioned in all his posts from now on as someone who has tendencies of a terrorist.

Psychopath really needs a psych consult.

7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Well, I guess it's encouraging that it appears the perpetrators and indifferent police officers will face punishment, because I honestly didn't even know that was in the cards. Figured that was just another afternoon in Afghanistan.

Justice would be death for everyone who participated in the beatings and jail for police officers who did nothing to stop it. Hopefully they don't go lightly.

8. fallenphoenix

This is more of a mob mentality case than a religious one, as you can see those who were not part of this mob who are of the same religion see it as a horrific and unjustifiable act. Of course there are those that will blame this all on Islam though.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nah. He's just wrong. You, on the other hand...

Then go get one.

Both the motive and the accusation regarding the alleged "crime" center around fanatical beliefs in Islam (and, going by the latest news reports, the accuser was a mullah). But feel free to go ahead and pretend that it has nothing to do with Islam.

#49 AroundTheWorld, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  10. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I know- this was my post to him several days ago:

"BTW, I do get the anger. These things piss me off to no end. But any act of violence pisses me off- whether done for religious or other reasons. Would the world be better off without religion altogether? Maybe. I went to Catholic school for 8 years and church for twice that long- completely ingrained in me. Some days I just don't know what to think about it."

Yet, schizo continues to ignore this. Throws out the insults, then reps me. Really? He makes it like if you don't respond with the proper degree of outrage on his posts, you are a de-facto terrorist or supporter of them. Then, we get an obvious poll that, if anyone answered it honestly that they felt it was right what this mob did, that somehow some of us on here would find it acceptable.

He's a cyber-baby and hypocrite. With those people, you ignore them 90% of the time, and then respond to them 10%. I would be glad to discuss this topic with any of you normal posters. But with him? No. He wants things at elementary grade school level. ATW post bad story about evil Muslims, posters respond with horror, rinse, repeat. But, if Ted Koppel wants to continue posting his selective-outrage stories, power to him.

BTW, ATM, my potential clients reading these posts are the least of my worries. Matter of fact, I'm convinced that it might actually win me new clients. So, please, feel free to reference my user name anytime you wish. My only worry when potential clients Google my last name is that, about 15 years ago, my distant uncle was murdered by his crazy wife.

http://murderpedia.org/female.D/d/dorotik-jane.htm

So, I am a heck of a lot more worried about The Dorotik Murder than about Resume Writing Guy Schools "Poster-In-A-Basement-With-Mohammed-Dartboards-And-Anti-Islam-WallPaper-Trying-To-Save-The-World-From-Islam-One-Post-At-A-Time-On-A-Basketball-Fan-Site."

11. dandorotik

Rep from ATW to dandorotik, 3/19:

"I was intentionally inflammatory...but still think you are a good poster (as I said) - all the best" - ATW.

12. dandorotik

"I was intentionally inflammatory...but still think you are a good poster (as I said) - all the best" - ATW.

13. dandorotik

14. dandorotik

15. dandorotik

16. dandorotik

And I'm back to reading as opposed to posting. I wish all of you good luck with Geraldo.

17. g1184

g1184 Member

With every new posting tactic, he takes a step closer to the jihadis he's crusading against. They also have a list of people who disagree with their ideology:

[​IMG]

dandorotik and others are ATW's "infidels" that must be converted or wiped off the face of the bbs.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Did you really need to copy and post the same thing 6 straight times?

19. fallenphoenix

Mob mentality happens everywhere. It just happened to happen in an Islamic country this time. Keep pretending this is only unique to Muslims though. For example, gang rapes in India, African American lynching in the US, the Holocaust, and Salem witch trials to name a few.

I'm not defending their actions at all, as they are deplorable. However, to say it is unique to the Muslim culture is just shortsighted on your part.

I'll even include the second post I made that you chose to ignore.

If Islam justified their actions there would be no punishment, which is not the case.

20. dandorotik

Sorry, I couldn't see how many times I did it due to my head being surrounded by sand- actually, you're right, immaturity on my part.