1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Religion of Peace?] CNN Headline News: Mob burns woman alive for *allegedly* burning quran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 21, 2015.

?

What is your opinion?

1. If the woman burned the quran, she deserved what she got

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. If the woman burned the quran, she should have been killed, but by the state, not by a mob

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. If the woman burned the quran, she should have been punished (not killed), but by the state

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. Even if she burned the quran, this is freedom of expression, she should have been left alone

31 vote(s)
    86.1%
  1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Of course! There is absolutely a common theme among all of these.

Murder.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I would say id like to ignore you and your minutely posts, but it is too entertaining and i believe we will try our best to make a joke out of your posts as always. Let your now fake outrage begin...

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The common theme is intolerance motivated by fanatical belief in a religious ideology.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You are making the mistake to think that people could not possibly be fanatical enough to actually think that way.

Well, if you watched the video (or followed the news, for that matter), you would realize that people sadly can think that way (and act on it). The outcome of this poll is similar to the outcome of polls in Europe after the Charlie Hebdo murders. There are people who think that way, which is scary and disgusting.

5. dandorotik

But, to me, it's the murder that bothers me more than the intolerance. I mean, because all of us have intolerance. Take you, for example- you're one of the least tolerant posters around, based on your insults towards anyone who expresses anything contrary to your anti-Islam, pro-Israel views- yet, we are OK with you. We - and I think I can speak for others- are not OK with murder. I don't care if its premediated or in an act of passion- murder is murder- it's taking away someone's spouse, son, daughter, etc. permanently. That is the saddest thing to me.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The murder is motivated by the intolerance which is motivated by the fanatical belief in the religious ideology. You cannot separate them.

Not to a degree as you see in the video.

Now you are being disingenuous. Both you and others have been spending A LOT more energy trying to argue against me - and, in your case as well as in the case of others - displaying an interesting amount of anger - than you ever spent understanding the actual motives and common theme behind the murders, or expressing your outrage about them. So no, you are not ok with me. And you are not more ok with me than you are with the murders. What angers you enough to write angry posts is the messenger - more than the actual murders or the intolerance or the ideology behind them.

Yes, but once again, you cannot separate the motive from the act. If there was no ideological fanatism - here based on a fanatical belief in Islam - there would be no motive for this murder. Same with the Charlie Hebdo murders. Same with the murders in Copenhagen. Same with the murders in Tunis. Same with the murders in Yemen. Same with everything ISIS is doing. Same with everything Boko Haram is doing. And so on. And that is just from this year, which is 3 months old.

7. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

It doesn't matter that a Muslim woman burned a copy of the Quran (note the phraseology--when you burn a copy of "Leaves of Grass" or any other book you're wasting your time unless as a demonstration). If anyone else had burned it the response would have been the same. Unless, as someone has suggested, she was burned pre-textually and didn't actually destroy a copy of the Quran.

Why do Muslims care about burning the Quran? It's a matter of religion but also sociological pressure. Many Christians would (and have historically) responded to "idolatry" with violence. It's not really an Islamic thing as much as an ideological thing.

I'm not used to the D&D but presume that this was not meant to be a discussion of anything judging from your poll.

8. dandorotik

Ok, can someone please tell this poster that we are not arguing against him. Oh, that's it, he won't listen. Because he thinks that, just because we don't directly respond to the content of his posts, nor engage him in discussion, that we are actually more angry at him than the incident. Of course, he has no interest in listening as opposed to being heard... you guys warned me not to engage him in discussion- now I realize why.

Cue the ATW: "see, you support killing....you are more angry with me than a vicious, brutal murder..." shm.

9. Remii

Remii Member

At least he's taking the steps to punish those who murdered the woman... And I think in some part of your post they stated they had no proof that the woman actually burned the Quran and if that's true it's hard to judge his reaction.

It will be interesting to see what kind of example he makes of these guys because it could help prevent things like this in the future.

10. dandorotik

Here is a comment on the video of this- discuss:

I am a muslim and that had nothing to do with Islam. These ****ing mulas created their own islam. I wish America throw an atomic bomb on them. This girl wanted to expose those mulas who have sex with little children in their f***** shrine, but their accused her of burning the Quran. Even if she burned it, they dont have the right to kill her. In the Quran is written there is no compulsion in Islam, live and let people live. Only God can judge them!!!!!! I wish America takes over tAfghanistan and build America 2 there. In the end the western give you the freedom in believing what you want. The western follows more the teaching in the Quran than those faggots!!!!!!!

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Because you just keep getting schooled. Regard it as an educational experience.

I didn't see you support killing. No need for you to be shaking head your.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Too many people burying their head in the sand.

13. dandorotik

Oh, absolutely an educational experience. Here is what all of us have learned:

1. There are a number of horrific things that happen in the world.

2. Pat Robertson is a member of ClutchFans.

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

"The murder is motivated by the intolerance which is motivated by the fanatical belief in the religious ideology. You cannot separate them."

so this tells me you are an athiest, thank god now i finally know why you are so obsessed :eek:

15. dandorotik

So, this is in my user CP:

"I was intentionally inflammatory...but still think you are a good poster (as I said) - all the best - ATW...."

Umm, OK. So, you admit to being intentionally inflammatory... but then continue to insult afterwards. I take it back- I don't think it's Pat Robertson, I think Shirley Mason is a member of ClutchFans.

16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

in other words....

"IM AN ANGRY ATHEIST WHO THROWS TANTRUMS BUT AS LONG AS YOU SEE SOME OF MY VIEW POINTS WE ARE COOL"

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ATW has sociopathic tendencies. He will attack you in disgusting and relentless ways - be prepared.

18. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

these people are despicable

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yup. The funny thing is that some of them, like dandorotik, are either intellectually incapable of recognizing the fact that they are doing it or are just angling for recognition from the wrong people.

20. dandorotik

OK, I'm confused. Is this an actual insult or tongue-in-cheek? Your schizophrenia makes it hard to tell. I'm fine with either one- just curious.