1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Religion of peace at work in France: Priest beheaded

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

99.% plus of Muslims are wrong, but ISIS are the real followers ! This is exactly their claim, you are not helping here Atw

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It's ok if they are Muslim. You don't have to be ashamed of your Iranian Muslim background.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

lol...he doesnt know what religion his parents practice? he is one confused kid.

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Dude is that you in the middle?

[​IMG]

5. Dei

Dei Member

Not all Muslims are bad obviously, and there are different branches of it, some tolerable. But Europe should not be taking in millions of these ME "refugees" who come from ass-backwards cultures.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Most of the Iranians (I think they'd prefer the term "Persians") who left Iran in the late 20th century were not really Muslim (or barely so in name only) and had major qualms with the government for that (not solely) reason.

It's not surprising that quite a few of the ones you meet in the United States have the mentality that Rocketslegend does. I've been friends with a number of them who do not even like Iranians in/of Iran.

As far as on topic goes, at this point I would not blame western powers for very aggressively taking action against entire Muslim populations.

Something has to give and the acts of terrorism that are occurring are getting too much for pretty much everyone.

7. supdudes

supdudes Member

Multiculturalism works if the citizens chose to keep the best parts of each culture for a society.

I believe that somewhere deep down, we all share a similar core of principles. Some cultures are more similar to others, and those are the ones that gel best with each other living together. The key in many societies seems to be good upbringing and traditional father and mother figures, added with a school system that encourages reason, logic, and hardwork.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Shocker: I would blame western powers if they were to aggressively take action against entire Muslim populations. You cannot do that. You cannot punish people in Afghanistan who can barely read and who don't know anything about the world for the terror of some other Afghans in Europe. I don't have a clear solution, but I don't think bombing their countries is the solution, it would just exacerbate and escalate the conflict even further, because you would basically give the terrorists what they want.

I do think we need to know who is entering Europe, and who is in Europe, however. Unfortunately, I think we need to vet Muslims trying to immigrate (including refugees) much much better.

We still should not "aggressively take action against entire Muslim populations."

Iranian society under the Shah was fairly secular. Khomeini brought back Islamism. People who fled the country from those Islamists - it's MORE than understandable that they are critical of Islam. They can see how it messed up their country.

#88 AroundTheWorld, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to bump this thread, but I wanted to share this bit of uplifting news

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Muslims attend Catholic Mass across France in powerful show of unity <a href="https://t.co/PVMjNP56i7">https://t.co/PVMjNP56i7</a> <a href="https://t.co/2Uz1oK7c3o">pic.twitter.com/2Uz1oK7c3o</a></p>&mdash; Huffington Post (@HuffingtonPost) <a href="https://twitter.com/HuffingtonPost/status/759834021404737536">July 31, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is very good. Thanks for posting it.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I heard it was in Italy as well

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Honestly i can't fathom the sincerity and capacity for forgiveness in that nun's heart. She is everything that is right with the world