1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Relax, guys. It's EARLY still

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTown5933, Nov 8, 2013.

1. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Wrote this post in the cyberx thread about Dwight not being thrilled with the PG's, but it covers a couple other things as well as the overall team moving forward. (yes, I know, I know... another Lin thread.... but, not totally...lol, and had a request to start a thread with this - so I apologize in advance if that's ALL you take from it)

I haven't been checking out Clutchfans consistently in awhile and all I had to do was check in after last night's loss to remember why.

I could SOMEWHAT understand the Lin bashing last year - due to his own inconsistencies as well as some of you letting the LOF's get to you with some of their ridiculous posts and statements.

But, to see people busting him up THIS year is absurd. Beyond logical and extremely either biased or ignorant.

The guy is shooting 55% from the field and 44% from downtown. His PER, while it's very early, is over 19. If you look at his game logs, it's a model of consistency for the most part. (one game with more than 3 TO's)

He's obviously improved his left as well as his on ball defense. (still not great btw)

Does he still get in the lane an pick up his dribble too much? Yes. Get in the air and need to get bailed out? Sure.

But, it's obvious the guy has worked his ass off to improve his game, is playing with confidence and determination and playing WELL.

The double standard some of you use is crazy. Bev (who I like and reminds me in a way of one of my all time favorite Rockets, Mad Max) has a horrible game and it's "Let him get back from his injury", but when Lin tried to play through his in last year's playoffs, "he sucks". People comparing PER's and stats for Bev and Lin in that series was a joke. If Lin has the game Bev had last night, OMG. If Lin does what Parsons did inbounding to Dwight w/under a minute to play... fuhgedaboutit.... Yet, we still love Bev and Parsons.

Seeing people still on his case is amazing. It's worse - much worse - than all the AB/Lowry crap that used to go on. Some of you guys show your true lack of BB knowledge and maturity. Don't let the LOF's cloud your vision and/or judgment.

As far as the Dwight not being thrilled stuff, I'm sure that was the case from the get go - I definitely wondered if that'd have an effect on him as everyone knew he wanted to play with an elite PG.

Still, as much as I defended Cyberx in the past, it IS a little suspicious he received this info "today" yet chose to share it with us after an emotional loss.

For anyone trying to use the video to show people "yelling at Lin"...LOL... that is comical. Lin is more upset with Dwight than anyone "yelling at Lin". That is TALKING, not even close to arguing. And Bickerstaff "yelling"? LOL. Again, where in the world do you see that. Lin was obviously the most emotional of all three of those guys. Amazing.

Look, IF Dwight voiced any frustration or concern over the "PG situation", it is extremely understandable. It was a very emotional loss. For something like that to be said after a loss to his former team and for him not to perform well, with his track record... sure, it could have been expressed.

Still, things like this happen after emotional losses. The fact that this team had a meeting after ONE LOSS (to the Clippers) shows they are focused on winning and addressing things immediately. This is another test to see how they respond as a team.

Are there "uh oh's" because Dwight is involved? Without question. But, man... let's give it a minute and see how they respond. If they get the W Saturday night, the mood/vibe/feeling will be totally different.

But, you Lin haters should really think before you post. It's sad.

(and DD... I thought you were pretty knowledgeable - but to say he continues to go UNDER screens is crazy. He's been running around picks MUCH more than going under screens lately. Additionally, a huge part of that is determined by the GAME PLAN as well)

2. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Seriously, for bev, if the doctor said he needs to rest for certain amount of days, he should to follow. Same thing for Lin in last playoff where I think he shouldn't play that last game.

If he came back still injury like you said and I think because he just scary to loose his starter position when he takes a longer rest, that's not benefit for the team but somehow too selfish.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

If you can't play at a level that helps the team, you shouldn't be playing. It became obvious quickly Lin shouldn't have played in the playoffs last year after his injury, and if Beverley is still hurting from his injury then sit him, its a long season

4. cw3k

cw3k Member

Howard obviously not happy with our PG. The only PG in this team is Harden. He hold the ball all the time when he is on the court. I don't see Bev or Lin holding the ball or call a play.

5. Play07

Play07 Member

Dwight is in interview said he was looking forward to play with harden But squad he was EXCITED to play with Lin called it dwinsainty...

other teams told him not to come to Houston because if harden and ISO etc. so what have we been doing harden as PG so of course he is unhappy

1 person likes this.
  6. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Oh Lin did call a play, he tried anyway. Only to be completely ignored by Harden because Lin took the ball from his hands.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

This forum is killing me with the knee jerking. It's f***ing poisonous.

8. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Just fkn stop. You three are not Rockets fans. Harden is still our best player and our best option at the end of games. If you honestly think otherwise than I don't know what to tell you.

9. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Everyone in this forum is trying to pit people against each other. Or trying to blame everyone other than their favorite player. It's stupid. The team has played 6 games. Miami was like 7-8 to start the season in 2010. Give them time to work things out.

10. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Why am I not a Rockets fan? Just because I told the truth and you said so?

Yes, Harden is our best player. No dispute there. Being the best player doesn't mean he is above the coach and the team.

Harden not only walked away from Lin during that play he absolutely wasn't interested in helping the team. Is that how you want your superstar to play? Just watch the team fail because he didn't like it? You are the one who shouldn't call yourself a Rockets fan. You only see starpower in your eyes and nothing else.

11. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

**** relaxing. Thats a losers mentality.
    I want to see some ****ing killer instinct.
    We have the talent. We need to play smarter not harder. We maybe Harden's D

12. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

There's way too much ego. First Harden and now Dwight. They need to dial it back or it's gonna be toxic.

13. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

lol... when a team starts out hitting 11 of 14 three's on you, it's gonna' be tough to win. And they were STILL in position to win the game.

Trust me, NO ONE takes losses harder than I do. It screws up my whole friggin life - 'til the next W. Always has.

But, the overreacting here is unbelievable.

14. Vrazz

Vrazz Contributing Member

Great post! I agree completely.

People please relax... It's 6 games into the season and we're freaking out and accusing fans of not being fans and players not liking other players... My goodness... Once the team really starts jelling and playing together and more importantly.... winning games we should win. Then maybe people will calm down... somewhat.

Hopefully the players will have a players only meeting... Say what they need to say... man up. And come out a team.... Instead of just egos.

15. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

The overreacting to the overreacting is equally unbelievable. Fans are kneejerking over the games, but you guys are kneejerking over fans reactions. I mean you invest so much energy and emotion and you get a piss poor effort, people will be angry, justified or not.

If you really weren't bothered by what's going on, then fans reactions shouldn't bother you either, heck I don't even know why you'd shed more light on it by creating threads like this.

Positivity threads are basically, "I can't handle negativity so i'm going to get on my soap box".

It's also a loser mentality to ignore things that are a reality. Enabling.

1 person likes this.