1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Relationship experts.......I've got a dilemma

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gr8-1, Aug 15, 2001.

Tags:
  1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

OK, this doesn't involve that evil one I cermoniously dumped (well, not exactly) a couple of weeks ago.

I have a friend (who happens to be a girl) coming in from out of town. She needed a place to stay, and we plan on hitting 6th street Friday and Saturday night.

I've only met her once (my friend had waited on her), but we exchanged email addresses and have kept in touch. I remember her being rather attractive though. She was married when we met, but now she is divorced.

A couple of questions : Should I offer to buy all the drinks ? My friends say no, and I tend to agree. But is that the gentlemanly thing to do ?

Sleeping arrangements : What should I do ?

A. Giver her the bed and I sleep on the couch from the start ?

B. Both of us get drunk and then decide ?

C. Figure out that there is no attraction betweeen us, therefore she gets the couch ?

D Figure out that there is no attraction between us, therefore she gets the bed ?

E. Find out that there is no attraction between us, she leaves ? :D

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

You came to the right place gr8-1. To answer your first question, DO NOT buy her all the drinks. Buy the first two or three rounds, then let her start paying. Make sure ya'll take shots together- it's get both of ya'll buzzed quick. Try to take body shot of tequila off her chest- girls love that stuff.

DO NOT get too f*cked up! You will lose all your game, and getting laid will not be top priority. You'll be too busy frequenting the pisser, and trying to hold back the vomiting. You'll end up passing out, and not getting any.

By all means, get laid! This chick is coming up to visit YOU. Even if you're not attracted to her, a good buzz will take care of everything. :) To quote from The Waterboy, "You can do it all night long!"

3. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Oh ya, almost forgot, when you're done doing the chick, make sure you read the BBS before you go to sleep. :D

4. gr8-1

Sleeping situation ??? What should I say ? I meant if she wasn't attracted t o me, should I kick her out? :D As for the drinks, I'll just buy the first round and go from there.

5. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Gr8-1-

From one Austinite to another I will give you some honest advice:

First of all I have to assume that she is a normal chick who likes to party a little and possibly get frisky, but definitely not the a-typical 6th Street Whores who get trashed on daddys credit card (you know the girls I am talking about)

1. Buy a drink or two, but not all of them. If you buy her alot of drinks she will think either:
    a. You are trying to get her drunk and screw her or
    b. You are a complete kiss-ass and she will be turned off.

2. Be a gentleman and give her your bed. BELIEVE ME: SHE WILL LET YOU KNOW IF SHE WANTS TO PLAY.

The main thing I want to stress is if you play it cool and look like you arent out to get laid, you have a higher probability to get some.

Good luck and play it cool

6. gr8-1

Drew, see that's what I was thinking. But, some girls don't like gentleman. I'm gonna act uninterested, but that can definitely backfire.

The bed situation, you're the first guy that has told me to do that. I kind of agree, but wouldn't that be saying "we're gonna sleep seperate, I'm not interested....." It's a tricky situation.

I'm not a kiss-ass, I'm just very nice......

7. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I fall in the nice guy category as well, but if you are too nice she will be turned off.

Have fun with her first by going out.

Question: Is it just you two or a group?? Because a group would definitely take the pressure off both, and make the situation a little bit easier (Like your buddy and his girlfriend or whatever).

If you take out one of your single buddies, beware of the coc* block!!

As far as the bed situation. You need to make her feel as comfortable as possible.

You arent saying "I dont want to sleep with you and Im not interested." You are saying that I want you to be as comfortable as possible at my place. A comfortable girl is a girl you are more likely to score with. Just dont forget to put on clean sheets!!

When you get home from partying, use your best judgement and see if she wants you (eye contact, casual touching, flirting). If she is giving you vibes, start mugging down and go from there.
    Dont be the guy in the PG-13 movie that every body is rooting for, be the guy in the rated R movie!!!!!

your money and you dont even know it!

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If you're really relying on advice from the BBS for this... well, good luck!

9. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

This has all the tension of pre-draft Tuesday. Should we meet in the chat room?!!

10. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

First thing, unless she is a complete ditz she KNOWS that the possibility exists for a hook-up.

As for the drinks, offer to buy the first round to "celebrate her arrival," or some similar thing. Pick up the tab for dinner and offer to buy the first round. That's what I'd do, anyway. When you get to the club/bar and the first round is down, just say something simple like "Ready for another?," or "Wanna go dance before the next one?" Don't hurry: you're both in Austin on 6th, so you both are expecting drinking and dancing. You're not her boyfriend, so you should not be expected to pay for everything. Like Drew said, you don't want to came across as trying to get her drunk anyway. Let her be in control and she'll be a lot more comfortable with you.

As for sleeping arrangements, the first thing is to clean the place up. I'd just recognize that possibilities exist and I would assume nothing. When she arrives, don't immediately dive into the bedroom with her stuff: Just say 'Hi' and BS for a minute or two, then offer to put her things into your room while mentioning that you "can just crash on the couch." I would think a polite guest would object, but insist she get the comfortable sleeping arrangements. She'll definitely have a lot easier time envisioning laying with you in your bed than she would on your couch.

I'd give the lady my bed regardless of whether or not I was going to get laid anyway.

Man, just play it cool. If you try too hard, it'll be obvious and a turn off, and you'll be left with your dick in your hand. Just be cool, and be a gentleman, and don't try too hard.

You both ought to know very soon upon her arrival if the slightest chemistry exists between you two anyway. Just go from there.

Good luck!

11. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Isn't there a Star Trek forum you could ask? :rolleyes:

12. JettaKnight

JettaKnight Member

You know, if she's really just a friend then just treat her like you would any guy friend coming to visit you. Let her sleep on the couch, let her buy her own drinks. Hell, she's coming to visit YOU, and staying in YOUR home so she should be buying your drinks. And don't get laid because you don't want to get a STD.

And it looks like to me you don't want advice from a "Relationship" expert. You want advice from "How to get laid" expert.

#12 JettaKnight, Aug 15, 2001
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2001
  13. JettaKnight

JettaKnight Member

Oh, and one more thing,

YOU ARE ALL SUCH PIGS!!!!

14. PhiSlammaJamma

This is my ranking for what women want:

1. Humor
    2. Personality/Confidence
    3. Money
    4. Health
    5. Attractiveness

If you have all of those you are set, but humor is the key. If you can be funny you are half way home.

In my experience, sadly, the bad boy gets more girls. I've tried it both ways just to experiment. I even tried the experiment on the basketball court, getting two technicals and getting nasty in a few games, and the women in the stands loved it. I never got more attention and more action. No kidding. Sad, but true.

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Dude Jetta,

Glad im not your friend. Guest always gets my bedroom (as long as my significant other isn't with me and they aren't down for an extend period of time)

And regardless, she should get the bedroom. Be a gentleman, regardless if she doesn't like gentleman, a friend, or whatever. Have some self respect.

And I don't think he ever mentioned getting laid...

16. gr8-1

With all of the studs that frequent this forum ? You guys are money........

Anyway, I'll just play it by ear, but she'll get the bed. It's just the right thing to do. But, I'd like to reiterate that my friends disagree......

17. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

With all of the studs that frequent this forum ? You guys are money........

I just assumed everyone else around here was like me. In which case, alt.pathetic.geek.com might be your best bet. :p

18. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

OK, you said she is a friend coming in from out of town and needed a place to stay. Is she coming to see you specifically? If so, you have nothing to worry about. She'll probably spring for quite a few rounds of drinks and by then deciding the sleeping situation will be the least of your worries!

Don't forget to wrap that rascal!

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

OK, My guess is a woman old enough to get a divorce
    is old enough to get a Hotel.

Therefore I conclude that she has an interest in you
    [not the kind that got her divorced but the kind that
    could make you Dennis Rodman *GET THE REBOUND*]

How long have you corresponded?
    Have you talked about hooking up?

IMO, If you don't try to hook something up
    you will regret it. [She may too] She may take you
    lackof interest as a LACK OF INTEREST. FLIRT D*MN YOU!!!
    A few inuendoes.

Drops hints. hell if it comes down to it. . . ask [last resort
    cause the rule is .. if you have to ask the answer is NO!!]

The thing is: If you are friends. . .it maybe awkward for a
    moment . . then you shrug and say I could not let you leaving
    without seeing if something was there. SHe will smile and say
    you sweet but like a brother or some bull**** like that.

hehehehe I forgot the original questions
    1. Buy drinks to your comfort level. maybe the 1st two or so and watch her reaction at the 3rd. Does she even go to her purse at all? type thing
    2. Give her the bed. . .the guest always gets the bed. But i think the
    big issue for you is whether u will be in it or not [not necessarily
    sexually] Even if you are in the sex. . .sleeping in the same bed
    says alot about the potential future for you and her.

Rocket River
    BTW I have found divorced [esp recently divorced women] are
    looking for a good time . . . cause they free. . .and they ain't
    looking to be shackled up again anytime soon. . . but not gonna
    be a hermit either

#19 Rocket River, Aug 15, 2001
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2001
  20. gr8-1

RR, I have met her once, but have corresponded with her via e-mail for the last few years.

She is only coming up to see me. I'm not sure I can make a first move, I'll play it by ear.

She's getting the bed either way guys.

RR, you said the "guest" should always get the bed, that's not true if it's a guy friend, right ?

Straight from 6 feet under, but have any of you actually slept in a bed with a girl you don't know well and not have sex with her ?