1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rehab Update (T-mac.com)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Obito, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Just ignore him, he won't change.

2. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

What i find funny is at the beginning of the season (preseason) Tracy was talking about surgery he would have to have in the offseason and everyone was railing on him he tried to play and it didnt work (and people seem to forget that) So he had the microfracture surgery. Has it occured to some of you Tracy Haters that he was playing hurt all season?

This is coming from someone who hated the way he handled the injury situation in telling steven a(ss cheek for a forehead) smith instead of telling the team. I hope he returns and is his old self but the most i would expect is an Allan Houston type player (sadly) and not the T-mac we all know and loved (some hated) but it should take anywhere from 10-15 months for him to return to playing shape so we're about 9 months away from him beginning to rehab

3. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Are you referring to Tmac?

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I can't resist. Every reasonable comment will at least remind the rest of the people here that there is some good in ClutchFans. :D

5. napalm06

Har har. If I could talk to T-Mac personally, I definitely would. I'd really like to know the truth of what goes on in his head.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: he is mentally soft and has a huge ego. The two cause a lot of dissonance in his intentions and his actions, and he comes off as a talkative failure. I can't say I blame any of the fans here for hating him, I can only say that I don't.

6. Obito

No...

To rocketsolid

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Too many damn haters on this board... Have some damn respect for the man. It's not like there are many threads about him anymore on the GARM... Obviously he cares enough to write to his fans. I just don't get some of the people here... :rolleyes:

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

teams will pick him up. he's too good of a playmaker. iverson, even right now, is simply a scorer.

9. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

You do realize he's under contract next year with the Rockets still, right?

:D

10. napalm06

Hating and bashing gives you a sense of power while you sit in your armchair. Blaming and finding fault is a lot easier than giving a guy a break.

[​IMG]

What I dont understand is the following logic:
    A. Our team is worse with McGrady
    B. Our team is doing very well without McGrady.
    B. McGrady sucks because he's not playing, and I hate him for it.

Why is it worth hating him at this point if you don't even want him back? :confused:

11. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

We'll find out come playoff time even though the West is so much weaker this year..

12. Obito

People just don't have anything to do with their lives. Let's just ignore them, so this doesen't turn into another war thread.

13. napalm06

We'll find out what?

A. If we lose, it's McGrady's fault, and
    B. If we win, it's because we did it without McGrady?

I personally don't think we'll figure anything out - and I dont care. I just want the team to have success and I hope people remember that McGrady is irrelevant.

14. napalm06

Oh, I figured this was already war thread. My bad. I'll cool it.

15. Ismail

Ismail Member

Do you? McGrady in his Orlando years was by far the most talented player in the league. The guy could do whatever he wanted on just about everybody, even being double teamed, with the focus of the defense solely on him. He had great complement players like Tyronne Lue and Pat Garrity. He won't be the Wade of next year, but goodness some of you all have the shortest memory spans I can remember.

(This isn't directed at you, but here goes) The guy sucked badly this year. He was horrendous. But he was obviously hurt, physically or mentally -- whatever the case, McGrady was not himself and I was just as angry as anyone else at his play. But he's still a Rocket and some of you are being overly cynical. He deserves our best wishes in rehab, and I hope that he comes back strong next year.

16. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Exactly, its going to be worse if we win obviously for McGrady bashing.

This is how I feel it will go:

1) Rockets win 1st round series - Result: People bash McGrady and call him a curse and hope he gets traded in off season. Bash him the whole time and call him a failure

2) Rockets lose 1st round - Result: People bash Mcgrady of not rehabbing his knee last season, complain that they need a new star player that could replace mcgrady.

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The kind that he didn't need.

18. napalm06

I see. Yes I'm afraid you are exactly right. Let's hope the euphoria of winning the first round helps the boards have a case of McGrady amnesia.

19. Obito

Don't worry about it.

Let's just hope tracy comes back real strong next year and helps us get our second straight title ;)

20. napalm06

I can drink to that.